Disturbing DCI rumors

18 hours ago, Glenn426 said:

I don't have that Data. You also couldn't provide "data" to prove your assertion of reality.

As I stated earlier I know of three cases this past summer of kids migration from their dream corps to lower tiered corps after they didn't make the cut in their preferred corps. 

the data was provided by dci themselves several years ago. 7000 kids tried out. only about 4000 marched. but if every corps in dci was full that summer, 6500 would have marched.

math aint hard even for someone like me currently one handed after wrist surgery. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Glenn426 said:

Broken City and Onyx would like a word.

They both within the last ten years went on a tangent from what the Norm in the activity actually was, and both have been Crowned Champions and have, and continue to influence their respective idioms Inside and Outside of WGI. 

Tastemakers.

Heck Broken City changed how Drumlines are judged.

outliers. and i'll say Pulse drove the bus, Broken city and Ayala rammed it through the wall.

18 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I read Little League Confidential when my young one started  in youth sports.  It was enlightening and your statement is spot on. 

i've been involved in youth athletics, marching band, indoor and drum corps. every one proved time and time again adults #### up kids activities

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

17 hours ago, cybersnyder said:

not entertained until he can hit 60% from the line

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

JUST CURIOUS . . . 

As I don’t participate in Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, etc. and make Drum Corps Planet my only message board source,  has there been any chatter of excitement from what we believe to be young woodwind players?  I surely haven’t seen any evidence of that here on DCP. 

Anyone read a few “Geez, this would be cool if it passes. I always wanted to do DCI as a woodwind player!”

Are accordion players piz’d they’re not being included?  (asking for a Mummer)  😝

the only excitement has been from adults. anywhere i've looked the majority of eligible aged posters have mocked it or worse

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Which Corps Directors are asking for this (woodwind players incorporated in the drill)?  Do you know?  

(I'm not doubting you, just curious)

i don't have names, just hunches

3 hours ago, Daave said:

And yet, it is often pointed out through the Mission/Vision Statements of the various corps that's it's about the kids. (Cue the Maude Flanders "Won't somebody please think about the kids" meme's)  🤣

DCI mission statement references “participating corps” and nothing about member corps, OC, WC etc

Edited by JimF-LowBari

6 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

not entertained until he can hit 60% from the line

He actually didn't do bad on the oboe. And he made the tuba look like a baritone.

7 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

the only excitement has been from adults. anywhere i've looked the majority of eligible aged posters have mocked it or worse

Thanks, Jeff!  There was a serious component to my previous post. I was confident you were in best position to weigh-in. You confirm my suspicion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cybersnyder said:

He actually didn't do bad on the oboe. And he made the tuba look like a baritone.

he still sucks at the line

• Haha 1