2019 DCI Blu-ray is availble for pre-order

Hafe

44 minutes ago, drangin said:

The supposed advantage of releasing the pre-2009 shows on Blu-rays was for the video resolution that was superior to DVD. DCI may feel that there is no technical benefit for the consumer to redundantly release shows already available in Blu-ray.

I was thinking they could release it as a bundle to help move product. 10 year set for like $600, free upgrade to next day or 2 day shipping, something like that. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, FaustianMachine said:

I know they said they would be shipping this week in their update video that came out Wednesday, but has anyone gotten a shipping notification or confirmation? 

Not yet.

47 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

Yeah, I got a shipment confirmation with tracking number. Should arrive on Tuesday.

If you don't mind, when did you get it and what method did you go with? I bought it on the first day pre-orders were available with next day delivery and haven't gotten anything through DCI, FedEx, or UPS. 

Edited by FaustianMachine

8 hours ago, FaustianMachine said:

If you don't mind, when did you get it and what method did you go with? I bought it on the first day pre-orders were available with next day delivery and haven't gotten anything through DCI, FedEx, or UPS. 

Order placed Dec. 31 with 2-day shipping.

Speaking of DCI videos...

Eminem performed his Oscar-winning song "Lose Yourself" (from 8 Mile) tonight, some 17 years after it won at an Oscar ceremony he didn't attend.

So a trivia question. Don't cheat and use DCX to look it up!

Which Finalist corps included a sample of "Lose Yourself"? Bonus point for also naming the year.

(As I recall, that sample was deleted from the DCI video for copyright reasons.)

• Like 1