2019 DCI Blu-ray is availble for pre-order

Hafe

Anyone actually receive theirs yet?  I placed my order on Dec. 23 and haven't received it or seen anything about tracking info for shipping, etc.

I went with standard ground shipping so I'm sure I won't get it as soon as some of you who went 2-day express, but just checking...

18 minutes ago, leed17 said:

Anyone actually receive theirs yet?  I placed my order on Dec. 23 and haven't received it or seen anything about tracking info for shipping, etc.

I went with standard ground shipping so I'm sure I won't get it as soon as some of you who went 2-day express, but just checking...

Got mine yesterday, and have already watched the top six!

43 minutes ago, leed17 said:

I placed an order on 12/27, and spent about $300 total.  I also selected standard ground shipping.  Not only have I not received the blu rays yet, but I haven’t received ANY of it yet, including stuff that was already in stock.  I’ve called twice, and nobody picks up, so I’ve left messages.  No response.  Typical embarrassingly poor service that I’ve come to expect over the past 30 years.

43 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

I placed an order on 12/27, and spent about $300 total.  I also selected standard ground shipping.  Not only have I not received the blu rays yet, but I haven’t received ANY of it yet, including stuff that was already in stock.  I’ve called twice, and nobody picks up, so I’ve left messages.  No response.  Typical embarrassingly poor service that I’ve come to expect over the past 30 years.

Yeah, I ordered another DVD with this year's bluray, but they won't ship things separately as they become available like Amazon does...so, I knew I would have to wait for the other DVD until the 2019 Blu-ray was available.  It appears that it doesn't matter how early you order either - its all about what shipping method you choose.  Maingate is the one handling all that...I wonder if that will change when Pepwear takes over a lot of DCI merchandise.

wow, Tom Blair edited out Brandt's embarrassing "Blue..... coats" in the retreat on the Blu-ray. He just says "The Bluecoats," must have been sampled in from the GE announcement or something. Not sure how I feel about that.

Edited by jeffmolnar

Just got mine yesterday..yay!

Kudos to DCI for basically giving me 2 day Fed ex shipping even though I paid for standard ground.  They were shipped Thursday night and I got them on Saturday in NJ 🙂

The discs are outstanding as always - just the annual heartbreaking cuts for licensing:  this year its Crown's ballad, which is awful for those two flugel soloists who nailed it all year, and Crossmen, which is less jarring but still annoying if you know their show well from seeing it all summer or listening to the CD's.  

Camera work and sound are incredible though - can't praise Tom Blair and his crew enough again this year.  He keeps nailing it every year.  Great Job!  I watched SCV, Cavies and Boston last night and was just blown away with the detail, the sound, etc.

• Like 1

I like the "recent" addition of trombones to corps, can't imagine a sousaphone ever being cool.  Maybe I have to wait till I get the DVDs to be sure about that.