2019 DCI Blu-ray is availble for pre-order

Hafe

On 2/16/2020 at 4:45 PM, leed17 said:

Just got mine yesterday..yay!

Kudos to DCI for basically giving me 2 day Fed ex shipping even though I paid for standard ground.  They were shipped Thursday night and I got them on Saturday in NJ 🙂

The discs are outstanding as always - just the annual heartbreaking cuts for licensing:  this year its Crown's ballad, which is awful for those two flugel soloists who nailed it all year, and Crossmen, which is less jarring but still annoying if you know their show well from seeing it all summer or listening to the CD's.  

Camera work and sound are incredible though - can't praise Tom Blair and his crew enough again this year.  He keeps nailing it every year.  Great Job!  I watched SCV, Cavies and Boston last night and was just blown away with the detail, the sound, etc.

I am grateful for the compliments but I have to say, watch the credits at the end of the last corps on either disc and know that list of people, especially director Jeff Clark and audio engineers Jamie Vanadia & Cory Coken deserve the lion’s share of the credit.  As drum corps fans, we are so lucky that so many gifted people work on this production every year.  And, if you didn’t watch the credits last year, we did a little director’s track from the 2018 Bluecoats, just for fun.  But again, thanks!

• Thanks 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2020 at 7:40 PM, TRBlair said:

I am grateful for the compliments but I have to say, watch the credits at the end of the last corps on either disc and know that list of people, especially director Jeff Clark and audio engineers Jamie Vanadia & Cory Coken deserve the lion’s share of the credit.  As drum corps fans, we are so lucky that so many gifted people work on this production every year.  And, if you didn’t watch the credits last year, we did a little director’s track from the 2018 Bluecoats, just for fun.  But again, thanks!

I also got 2 day shipping although I only paid for standard ground. The day my annual DCI video arrives the house shakes and the 6 foot by 10 foot projection image is sharp as a tack. Thanks to DCI and Tom Blair for doing the due diligence needed to put this wonderful video out. As a 71 year old contrabass player ( still active alumni ) the cover photo is hard to take - I know yes we can but the parts for the players I have seen do not take advantage of the instruments advantages.

15 hours ago, OhioBoy_99 said:

Quick question for those of have gotten the disk or have in the past. Do the performances come as high camera or multi angle? Or both? Thank you advance 😊

Both

• Thanks 1