Mulan 2...two thoughts

On 12/26/2019 at 10:36 AM, Jeff Ream said:

a head of marketing probably has no idea what a world class drum corps is

This. All of this.

And it's not the marketing people you would have to worry about. I worked for Disney (as a marketing professional) for about 10 years. For me to get access and use Disney related assets and collateral for company related marketing projects was a pain in the arse. The amount of permissions and red tape you had to crawl through was intense. But the real issues would be around licensing the music and their control over intellectual property. Based on previous experience, it is incredibly unlikely to happen. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

This. All of this.

And it's not the marketing people you would have to worry about. I worked for Disney (as a marketing professional) for about 10 years. For me to get access and use Disney related assets and collateral for company related marketing projects was a pain in the arse. The amount of permissions and red tape you had to crawl through was intense. But the real issues would be around licensing the music and their control over intellectual property. Based on previous experience, it is incredibly unlikely to happen. 

as horrible as he may have been, how did Cadets get licensing for that 2000 program and with cooperation from Disney no less?

3 hours ago, xandandl said:

as horrible as he may have been, how did Cadets get licensing for that 2000 program and with cooperation from Disney no less?

A. It was 20 years ago.

B. It was an attraction that they were actively promoting, not a movie, and the licensing was much less restrictive. I remember hearing that music all over the place. I also seem to recall that GH had some conversations with the composer as well. Every piece is different, but film scores at Disney are a much tougher get. There might also be exclusivities in the contracts that we don't know about.

Bottom line: It's not impossible, but it's extremely unlikely, at least in the first year after a release.