DCI Exposed Again?

7 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Does it strike anyone else as odd that Encorps got confirmation that the rule would be in effect for 2020 from another corps rather than from DCI leadership?

very

• Like 2

7 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Does it strike anyone else as odd that Encorps got confirmation that the rule would be in effect for 2020 from another corps rather than from DCI leadership?

Is that the corps which tends to pull all the marionettes and puppets' strings in DCI?

[I think they even flagrantly gave us that image in a show they did seasons back.]

11 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Is DCI for the member corps or is it for the Junior corps activity itself. Mission statement uses “participating organizations”.

It seems that DCI is creating the same autocratic environment like the AL/VFW was doing in the early 1970s.   And the result was that the Corps banded together & created DCI.

DCI has turned itself into a self-licking ice cream cone.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

It seems that DCI is creating the same autocratic environment like the AL/VFW was doing in the early 1970s.   And the result was that the Corps banded together & created DCI.

Of course difference is AL/VFW admitted drum corps was only an activity of some  posts. So no different from Legion ball or anything else that gave members and/or their kids something to do and show local Post pride.

And Nationals was no more than some of the entertainment at national conventions.

And DCIs whole reason for existing is....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

30 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Of course difference is AL/VFW admitted drum corps was only an activity of some  posts. So no different from Legion ball or anything else that gave members and/or their kids something to do and show local Post pride.

And Nationals was no more than some of the entertainment at national conventions.

I know you are w/ DoD (Navy?) - so may be familiar w term Self-Licking Ice Cream Cone. Our 2-star used for certain programs (not mine!).  When I was in DC I came to realize it applies to 75+% of Gov't Programs.

And it certainly seems to apply to the current DCI regime.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I know you are w/ DoD (Navy?) - so may be familiar w term Self-Licking Ice Cream Cone. Our 2-star used for certain programs (not mine!).  When I was in DC I came to realize it applies to 75+% of Gov't Programs.

And it certainly seems to apply to the current DCI regime.  

I’m 100% DoD civilian with the Navy and new term with me but I figured it out without google lol.... What my IT agency has been dealing with for years is getting rid of “duplication of effort”. Translation for everyone else: more than one project/IT application doing the same #### thing.

My “SLICC” was the little Unix system we were being paid to maintain. Finally someone asked what it was used for and no one knew. So we turned it off and no one noticed. 😫

Edited by JimF-LowBari

52 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

The corps aren't going to break off and form a new organization that they run because they already have it. DCI is already the corps.

The non-member corps could theoretically break off and form their own organization, but I doubt it would be particularly successful.

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

DCI as always been about the members

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Serious question: was DCI membership required of corps in 1972 and other early years as a requirement to participate in DCI championships?

7 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

now define “members” on dcp and pass the popcorn.  lol.....

Edited by JimF-LowBari