DCA news

As long as DCA thinks of itself as a NE Niche activity, it will wither and die.   

To sustain itself DCA needs to embrace, that future growth will start in the near South, and near Midwest.  And that the NE Corps will have to start traveling beyond the Western, and Southern border of Pennsylvania to compete.

Regards Stldrmn1 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, dbriggs said:

didn't know it was a "running for"-type position. thought it was "next-in-line"-type thing. was there ever a time when multiple people vied for it?

Only once, from what I remember during my time with DCA.

The incumbent was challenged by a candidate who basically had no chance. LOL.  The incumbent was easily re-elected.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dbriggs said:

didn't know it was a "running for"-type position. thought it was "next-in-line"-type thing. was there ever a time when multiple people vied for it?

or is it the last one left in the room when...

2 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Only once, from what Iremember during my time with DCA.

The incumbent was challenged by a candidate who basically had no chance. LOL.  The incumbent was easily re-elected.

Your shirts alone would have made the dais more colorful at BoD meetings.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Your shirts alone would have made the dais more colorful at BoD meetings.

Trust me... I was never on the dais. I was not exactly high up on the totem pole, and that is putting it mildly. LOL

There were years there when I was lucky just to be in the room. :tongue:

2 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Trust me... I was never on the dais. I was not exactly high up on the totem pole, and that is putting it mildly. LOL

There were years there when I was lucky just to be in the room. :tongue:

Being in the room was "lucky?"  Not according to some of the versions I have heard and have been hearing...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, dbriggs said:

Dunno, don’t care enough to know. When you’ve offered assistance and help opening doors and get blown off, you’re desire to do more diminishes quickly 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

Being in the room was "lucky?"  Not according to some of the versions I have heard and have been hearing...

Lucky in terms of being invited.  LOL.

Believe me... some of those meetings, circa 1980s (and I can only imagine what it was like in the 1960s and '70s before my time...LOL), were not for the faint of heart.  :laughing:

57 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Lucky in terms of being invited.  LOL.

Believe me... some of those meetings, circa 1980s (and I can only imagine what it was like in the 1960s and '70s before my time...LOL), were not for the faint of heart.  :laughing:

Even the 90’s