2020 Rules Proposals

2 minutes ago, xandandl said:

old guard judges keep their jobs (number goes down to only 6 judges) and limits the need to increase and widen who might be judging, particularly amongst the younger generations.

wait, the scoring overhaul reduces everything to a 6 judge panel?

Edited by ContraFart

3 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

wait, the scoring overhaul reduces everything to a 6 judge panel?

This proposal would adjust the current scoring system to include six judges who would all adjudicate off the field from within the stands. The proposal calls for these judges with the following percentages factored into a corps’ total score. One overall general effect judge with a music background (20%), one overall general effect judge with a visual background (20%), one visual ensemble judge with a visual design background (15%), one visual ensemble judge with a color guard background (15%), one music ensemble judge with a percussion background (15%), one music ensemble judge with a brass background (15%).

2 minutes ago, xandandl said:

This proposal would adjust the current scoring system to include six judges who would all adjudicate off the field from within the stands. The proposal calls for these judges with the following percentages factored into a corps’ total score. One overall general effect judge with a music background (20%), one overall general effect judge with a visual background (20%), one visual ensemble judge with a visual design background (15%), one visual ensemble judge with a color guard background (15%), one music ensemble judge with a percussion background (15%), one music ensemble judge with a brass background (15%).

Ok I understand now. 6 judges all from the booth.......I am going to pass on that.

• Like 1

I say a Black-out on Black.

(Can she be impeached?)

Will there be another scandalous newspaper article talking about who is getting what monies under and over the table from the musical instrument manufacturers? Will it appear at last minute before the meeting?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ContraFart said:

Ok I understand now. 6 judges all from the booth.......I am going to pass on that.

Be more specific and clear on your conclusion.

Do you hope it does not pass (as in you disagree with the the proposal) or are you passing it along so that it will?  DCI caucuses are noted for how some wordsmiths there twist perceptions and conclusions to get their own end result. My experience in these meetings is not pleasant memories especially when lobbying groups (mfrs.) put monies and endorsements into play.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

Ditto.  They should let us vote.  Like the all-star game or America’s Got Talent. 

They think they are the only talent in the activity...Cistern Blew, the elite, the cognoscenti.

• Like 1