2020 Rules Proposals

23 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Some joke that the D in DCP stands for Dinos, but  quick reviews of other discussion sites/platforms, etc. about the proposed changes don't differ widely from the feelings expressed on DCP threads that the Black mark proposal by Kathy is not worthy of passing, the electronics/amping/soundscapes are worthy of good discussion, color guard judging is getting mixed reactions, limiting judging to 6 off the field is not being positively backed, and other tweeking is worthy of review. Boomers, millenials, geriatrics, and cmms don't seem to be that different from the fmms, alumni, donors, and thread posters here. Look for yourself.

We are all those things.  Plus parents of fmm.  

• Like 1

I do wonder if DCI was quietly encouraging people to leak hints about this rule on social media (including DCP) over the past several months as a kind of "soft opening" so that it wouldn't come as such a shock now.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I do wonder if DCI was quietly encouraging people to leak hints about this rule on social media (including DCP) over the past several months as a kind of "soft opening" so that it wouldn't come as such a shock now.

Or testing the waters to see how it would be taken...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

Or testing the waters to see how it would be taken...

I’ve had those thoughts, too.  Grease the skids. 

39 minutes ago, garfield said:

No, I mean ending the silly procedure of selling tickets from endzone to endzone but designing shows that appeal mostly to the center "V" from field-50.

My hope is that they've finally figured out that accomplishing that means ending adjudication from the box and putting the judges actually "in the stands" from endzone to endzone.

If corps don't know where the judges will be, they'll design shows that appeal to all ends and sides of the stadium.

That would be nice.

2 hours ago, Glenn426 said:

This was my premise for allowing WW's into DCI. Interesting that this is the reasoning being used by a member of the DCI BOD.

This is also an interesting angle as its being proposed by the a member of the DCI BOD. Does that Hold more weight? 

Was DCI used as the shield by the Member corps to not have this proposal come from any one single DCI Corps but instead come from the DCI BOD?

Uh, no.  This is really easy.  DCI has committees.  Committees can make the basis of a rule change.  If no one member corps in presenting the idea, then the activity itself is presenting it, and the Chair of the BoD of the activity is then the submitter.

Easy-peasy.  You can unwrap the tin-foil from around your head now.  :tugowar:

• Haha 1

Hurry up and get the woodwinds I say. 

• Sad 1

Woodwinds in DCI.  Just one more reason to spend my money on something else now that my kids have stopped marching.

Better keep the amplification though.  You’re going to need it to hear the #%?!£ bassoons.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, WaxDCIFan said:

Woodwinds in DCI.  Just one more reason to spend my money on something else now that my kids have stopped marching.

Better keep the amplification though.  You’re going to need it to hear the #%?!£ bassoons.

This is f-ing funny.

:spitting:

• Haha 1