2020 Rules Proposals

6 minutes ago, xandandl said:

but all Jesuits are only male. She was a hireling.

Correct. The Sisters of Mercy were attached to the Jesuits from the Nashville Diocese. They weren't quite as evil as the Jesuits were. More like the the Diet Coke of Evil...Evil Lite. They still would give you a good rap across the knuckles if you broke a word in cursive or whatever. I survived because I was funny in my irreverence. Like when I stole the clicker they used to signal when to sit/stand/kneel in mass. In my defense...it was pretty #### funny to try and make a human wave during mass. 

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

At UA in the very early 90's (started in 1990,) we had something around 350. It was more like marching large, gelatinous blobs very slowly. The blobs did have shape though.  

Shhhh don’t give anyone ideas...

after all more members means more dues income. As for expenses.... someone else’s worry🤔

also had a college roommate who became a Brother (in charge of publications in Altoona/Johnstown diocese). Next roomie became a prison guard so who knows what effect I had on them 🙄

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Haha 2

Just now, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Correct. The Sisters of Mercy were attached to the Jesuits from the Nashville Diocese. They weren't quite as evil as the Jesuits were. More like the the Diet Coke of Evil...Evil Lite. They still would give you a good rap across the knuckles if you broke a word in cursive or whatever. I survived because I was funny in my irreverence. Like when I stole the clicker the used to signal when to sit/stand/kneel in mass. In my defense...it was pretty #### funny to try and make a human wave during mass. 

I think you need the Sisters of Charity.

Your devious diversion from the ire about the Rules Proposal is only temporary.

• Haha 1

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

Shhhh don’t give anyone ideas...

after all more members means more dues income. As for expenses.... someone else’s worry 🙄

But if you look at the 990 forms, dues don't cover all costs. So individual members are actually a cost to the organization rather than an asset. (Strictly financially speaking, of course they're an "asset".) More members just mean higher costs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

But if you look at the 990 forms, dues don't cover all costs. So individual members are actually a cost to the organization rather than an asset. (Strictly financially speaking, of course they're an "asset".) More members just mean higher costs.

Numbers, numbers.... 🤔

Whats the old joke of guy loses money when he sells each item. But somehow he thinks he will come out ahead if he sells in volume.....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Numbers, numbers.... 🤔

Whats the old joke of guy loses money when he sells each item. But somehow he thinks he will come out ahead if he sells in volume.....

I worked at a start up that was using that model. We'll lose money on each individual sale but make up for it in volume.

17 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I do wonder if DCI was quietly encouraging people to leak hints about this rule on social media (including DCP) over the past several months as a kind of "soft opening" so that it wouldn't come as such a shock now.

17 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’ve had those thoughts, too.  Grease the skids. 

16 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Greasing something....

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

no, people were ###### it leaked

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

So did they think that they were going to just covertly slip this one by us?  I know they think we’re stupid and inferior but most of us have passable reading skills.  Doh!  🙄 

If you try to grease something so it can slip through a soft opening, don't be surprised if it leaks in the process.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, cybersnyder said:

A year of cheerleading costs more than a year of drum corps. The top cheer squads don’t go on “tour” but they usually fly to two or three competitions and do 6-8 more regional competitions that are drivable.

I've actually heard that. I know University of Tampa hosted several cheer camps as well as some pro baseball camps in the spring. Obviously, the pro camps were a little less low-key but both had large-ish numbers of participants and staff. I can certainly see how increasing numbers would lead to some issues with housing. I would think DCI would have accounted for that in their walk through of the proposal. But then again, I used "Think" and 'DCI" in the same sentence. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2