2020 Rules Proposals

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

I haven't spoken with Director Bonfiglio about this but I am wondering:  Is the proposal about color guard judging and fine skills vs. general impression but a foot in the door to have eventually 2 color guard judges on each panel, one doing the effect, the other doing the fine skills? Similar to the other captions having two judges at least. As today's "guards" (who don't guard anything anymore) are usually compromised of at least as many mms as there are in percussion sections and half the size of the usual WC brass section, each which have multiple judges on each panel, would the guardsters be having another moment of perceived unfairness?

Don't know.  But someone better tell her that she forgot to sign the Proposal Form.  That, apparently and according to prior posts, is a big thing.

3 minutes ago, garfield said:

Don't know.  But someone better tell her that she forgot to sign the Proposal Form.  That, apparently and according to prior posts, is a big thing.

Yea uses a lot of invisible ink.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

If you try to grease something so it can slip through a soft opening, don't be surprised if it leaks in the process.

Umm...they lay out the entire time frame in the proposal intro.  They weren't trying to "sneak" anything through.  There were congresses, and meetings, and experts, and input, and committee work, and and and...  This whole tin foil notion that DCI has something to gain by slitting their throats on poorly presented and not well-thought-out proposals is just bizarre.

• Like 1

Oh!  Doh!

Chris Komnick didn't submit a Proposal form either.

This will have to be tabled for the same reason.  Yes.  Chris' insight into innovations of the evaluation structure will be withheld until he presents correctly.  And all the deadlines are now past, and no modifications can be made by him now (willfully ignoring the document's opening paragraphs).

/s Oh, and off with his head!!

Edited by garfield

5 minutes ago, garfield said:

There were congresses, and meetings, and experts, and input, and committee work, and and and...

Interested in seeing the minutes of these meetings and those listed as subject matter experts. Something tells me this has more to do with livelihoods and less about participants. Increase revenues can be a great motivator. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

easy. pass this, next year propose 200 max membership

That makes sense, actually. I'd love to see size and instrument limits removed completely from WC if they do not want to implement my own "Anything Goes" division idea.

13 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

And which organization(s) stands up and says NO! we’re not going to do that. What happens to them? 

Remembering when Adolph DeGrauwe of Cavies and David Glasgow of Bloo did that with past proposals (electronix, e.g.) and eventually had to buckle under as judges rewarded the proposed changes scorewise.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 2