2020 Rules Proposals

44 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

An aside:  Whenever I read one of these kind of comments or a corollary "We should then ban synth sounds for such things" type comment my brain goes...

Ok then, if SCV wants to redo Force of Nature in a few years they better start training woodland birds to chirp on cue from the sideline for the opening.  Or would bird calls count as instrumentation?   Would the birds count as marching members?   So many questions.

Synths will never be banned  - nor should they be.  My point is why not allow the actual instruments - not just the electronically created voices?  In fact, nothing reasonable should be banned PERIOD. The days of traditional D&BC is long gone. Drum Corps is not Fife And Drum Corps. What the activity has experienced over the past 15-20 years is basic creative evolution. There is no guarantee of survival. But unless the activity adapts, it cannot survive. Hoping for the best.   

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

New thought: Gas prices.   Wasn't the spike in gas prices a big issue for some corps a few years back?  Adding another bus and perhaps truck space to the caravans...

Finding rehearsal and sleep over space going to be harder with more bodies to worry about. How many times were there last minute appeals for this last year.... thinking DCI East mainly

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

New thought: Gas prices.   Wasn't the spike in gas prices a big issue for some corps a few years back?  Adding another bus and perhaps truck space to the caravans...

This is Ream's (and others') point:  New members don't just bring revenue, they bring expense, too.  The enthusiasm for the new revenue should be dampened by the reality of the new expense.  

I keep seeing all these posts about WW.

The proposal is for AI.

If this passes,I'll donate $1000 to the first corps to march a Concert Harp for an entire show.

(pit doesn't count)

Edited by rpbobcat
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

The proposal is for AI.

If this passes,I'll donate $1000 to the first corps to march a Concert Harp for an entire show.

(pit doesn't count)

I’ve seen marching string bass in parades (Mummers - interesting rig, either straps or like drum harness) but concert harp?

And no wussing out by putting it on a cart and have someone else pull it like amps and huge drums.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, rpbobcat said:

The proposal is for AI.

if this passes.

I'll donate $1000 to the first corps to march a Concert Harp for an entire show.

(pit doesn't count)

That'd be more impressive than marching the tympanis again.   

• Haha 2

Fun fact, just looked up on google and the average concert harp weighs about 80 lbs. and is about 6 feet high.

Be on the lookout for corps seeking to recruit seven footers next year.  

• Haha 1

Also...JUST IMAGINE what VK might do if they were around the first season All Instrumentation passed.....

• Like 1