2020 Rules Proposals

three words

Marching. Giant. Didgeridoo.

• Like 1

I, for one, look forward to Jersey Surf's Tribute to Australia show.

19 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Pretend you never heard of drum corps and asked which of the following is false:

1. Marching Tympani

-or

2. Marching Saxophones 

Woodwinds?  Nothing to see here! 

If you knew nothing about the activity, and heard the term Drum Corps,you would most likely conclude it pertained  to

drums,only.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

What the activity has experienced over the past 15-20 years is basic creative evolution. There is no guarantee of survival. But unless the activity adapts, it cannot survive.

I know it is popular among change proponents to go full Darwin and insist our survival is at stake, but...

1.  What will we not survive?  Are marching bands predators that will eat drum corps alive with their reedy teeth?

2.  What is "creative evolution"?  That sounds way different from Darwinistic evolution.

3.  If you get your way and we make this last change, what then?  With nothing left to change, how will we evolve/adapt/survive?

11 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

I know it is popular among change proponents to go full Darwin and insist our survival is at stake, but...

1.  What will we not survive?  Are marching bands predators that will eat drum corps alive with their reedy teeth?

2.  What is "creative evolution"?  That sounds way different from Darwinistic evolution.

3.  If you get your way and we make this last change, what then?  With nothing left to change, how will we evolve/adapt/survive?

Nothing left to change ?

Surely you jest.

1. True,"Back To The Future" Hover Boards

2.Virtual reality headsets with special effects.

3.Anti gravity belts

The creative options are endless.

People have been predicting this day for at least the last decade so not sure what all the fuss is about. No point in delaying the inevitable as far as I’m concerned. 

1 hour ago, rpbobcat said:

If you knew nothing about the activity, and heard the term Drum Corps,you would most likely conclude it pertained  to

drums,only.

Well, I certainly wouldn’t be picturing MMs wearing unitards, twisting about all out of context while playing, and making funny faces.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

An aside:  Whenever I read one of these kind of comments or a corollary "We should then ban synth sounds for such things" type comment my brain goes...

Ok then, if SCV wants to redo Force of Nature in a few years they better start training woodland birds to chirp on cue from the sideline for the opening.  Or would bird calls count as instrumentation?   Would the birds count as marching members?   So many questions.

They could use a water whistle (I know they were used for just such effect BITD) 😎:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1