2020 Rules Proposals

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

Mickey told me had had a hard time not laughing watching Walter fire the gun and the birds not flinching

Trust me... we had a mix of people who were either really ticked off, or laughing at the whole thing!!! LOL

• Haha 1

I was at a mall here in the Baltimore area today, and saw about a dozen or so members of the Baltimore Ravens Marching Band setting up to play.

I thought "Wow... they're here for a pro-woodwinds rally... amazing how much support the idea has"... but then remembered the Ravens have a playoff game this weekend and there are events all around town.

:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Mickey told me had had a hard time not laughing watching Walter fire the gun and the birds not flinching

They walked away a few times... then they went right back where they were in the first place.

My mom asked “what happens if he runs out of blanks before the show is over?”

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Same, but the object of my inquiry in this particular post is not the proposal as written. My post concerned an extrapolation that some people have made about the proposal.

As written, the proposal is justified only as a way to expand the number of youth in the activity. These are empty, even cynical, words so long as there is no concurrent proposal to increase the size of the competing units. As others have said, they believe this proposal is only the first of two shoes to drop -- the second one being an increase in the size of corps. And if these other people are correct, then the AI proposal is even more cynical for failing to show its hand.

Just commenting on this statement....

In the Audience Impact section of the proposal, it says this:  "....expanded use in future years, including the possibility of increasing corps size."

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

I was at a mall here in the Baltimore area today, and saw about a dozen or so members of the Baltimore Ravens Marching Band setting up to play.

I thought "Wow... they're here for a pro-woodwinds rally... amazing how much support the idea has"... but then remembered the Ravens have a playoff game this weekend and there are events all around town.

:lol::lol::lol:

Local CBS News down here in DC had more coverage of "can't wait for the Ravens game" hype than "the DC team is firing errrybody" news.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Just commenting on this statement....

In the Audience Impact section of the proposal, it says this:  "....expanded use in future years, including the possibility of increasing corps size."

Can’t have one without the other 

• Like 1

Does anyone else find it ironic that A&E has become a justification to allow more acoustic Instruments? 

(“Since we can make the woodwind sound with a synth, why not have the real thing on the field? ... so we can amplify it!”)

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Does anyone else find it ironic that A&E has become a justification to allow more acoustic Instruments? 

(“Since we can make the woodwind sound with a synth, why not have the real thing on the field?”)

Yes.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

Local CBS News down here in DC had more coverage of "can't wait for the Ravens game" hype than "the DC team is firing errrybody" news.

Maybe because the DC team firing everyone is kind of a routine thing with them? :tongue:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fran Haring said:

Maybe because the DC team firing everyone is kind of a routine thing with them? :tongue:

Fair enough.  It seems kinda serious this time though. Ticket prices for NFL games not against teams near by were going for like $4 by the end of the season.  Games against nearby teams were going for more because the demand was actually coming from away fans.  Dannyboy's pocket might be feeling the reality.

I don't really follow the sport anymore anyway. it's just something that comes up on the  news.