2020 Rules Proposals

1 minute ago, garfield said:

If human nature and the lack of Hollywood-ites who are still here after swearing they were moving after the 2016 election is any indication...

...you'll have largely the same group of people here giving you snark.

It's really silly, with people of upwards of 100,000 posts on this site to imagine their entertainment and daily lives to remain the same without drum corps in their lives. While the fans who remain and talk about the 2021 version of the Blue Devils, that their curiosity won't get the better of them and they won't enjoy watching the corps so that they can spread their snark and share their interpretation of the shows.

Like Kathy said, we heard this all before during any key, during electronics, during any brass instrument. 

Empty threats.

3 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

I’ve heard this one . . .

’ Wisdom comes with age.’

One last time. Thank you

10 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

You've already spent your money. If they kept everything in your liking you would spend maybe another $15,000 in your lifetime? 

While if DCI adds a new WW player as a fan they will spend a potential of $85,000 in their lifetime? 

The money you've spent is already spent. You can't ask for a refund. 

It's a simple business principal.  

Well that would be exceptionally bad business.  If my health holds, I could be a drum corps fan / participant for another 25-30 years.  Current value of future cash stream is way more than $75K.  Any businessman worth a nickel would not forgoe a future cash stream for a short term gain.  Bad business decision by DCI to alienate loyal customer base for a quick buck.

Bad business model -> loss of market share -> irrelevance.

9 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Still all brass.  I’ve suggested it as a marketing tool. 

What a great idea.  At least one true drum & bugle corps circuit will survive.  See you on the DCA side.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

Why doesn’t DCI just merge with BOA and call it a day?  By allowing all instrumentation you’ve now created a competitor to BOA. In one or two more years, finances will be such that it won’t make sense to have competing organizations so they will probably become one. 

BOA probably doesn’t want them. 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

I’ve heard this one . . .

’ Wisdom comes with age.’

Not necessarily.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

The opportunity cost in a new 15 year old live long fan and a 65 year old fan who is on the way out is simply to see why this initiative to seek new revenue streams is important to DCI.

That 15 year old similar to you #NeverWW will have a lifelong enjoyment and fulfillment from DCI. 50 more years of buying tickets going to shows, possibly auditioning, a new set of eyeballs for the sponsors of DCI.

It's an opportunity cost that for DCI simply can't be ignored any longer. 

And it's the very reason why everything in our world is marketed towards the younger generation. There is simply more potential money to be made from attracting an 18 year old than there is a 65 year old.

And somehow we know that your average 15 year old is really clamoring for woodwinds in DCI?  Your premise has no basis behind it. What if your garden variety 15 year old today likes DCI partly because it is different in instrumentation from marching bands. In this case the change could be a very bad idea. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, WaxDCIFan said:

Call it a $75K revenue loss for my part.

Not sure when you started your D&BC support, but I'm guessing most of that 75 was not a revenue loss during the many years you enjoyed the corps.