2020 Rules Proposals

So on a weekend drummers Everywhere  mourn the death of Neil Pearl, who became an icon for staying true to his values and beliefs, those of us opposed to woodwinds in drum corps state our views and are mocked for it. I’m sure there’s a Rush lyric that fits the moment but sadly I just keep hearing Ben Stern saying “ don’t be stupid you moron” instead

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Kathy Black interview - Participation:

Tied to this was the idea of increasing corps size, which I will remind us all is mentioned in the proposal.  She voices reluctance about that idea, citing the challenges we have pointed out here.  Asked about how to increase participation with corps max size remaining at 154, she says she does not know.

Between this and the exceptionally weak case for "revenue", it is clear that DCI is nowhere near ready for Any Instrument Policy.

Unless they can add members 

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

So on a weekend drummers Everywhere  mourn the death of Neil Pearl, who became an icon for staying true to his values and beliefs, those of us opposed to woodwinds in drum corps state our views and are mocked for it. I’m sure there’s a Rush lyric that fits the moment but sadly I just keep hearing Ben Stern saying “ don’t be stupid you moron” instead

Come on. You can't use Neil Peart as a prop to support a woodwinds / no woodwinds platform. Neil revolutionized drumming, definitely strayed from the status quo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glenn426 said:

Empty threats.

Sounds like you’re scared. 
And oh, worry not, I will still have drum corps entertainment in my life. I have recordings of all the corps back to 1972. That I spent my money on. Kathy’s revenue increases will need to overcome the decreases from those who stop spending our money on it. I’m thinking WW parents won’t be interested in purchasing legacy recordings. Just a hunch. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I was listening to Rush last night in his honor.  The dude was one tight drummer.  Such a pleasure to listen to him.  What a profound loss. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I plan on enjoying the pure brass sound this year.  

Well if by “pure” you mean tinny and amplified through directional microphones, reverberating around the bouncy acoustics of an indoor stadium, while your chair is vibrating from obscenely over amplified thunderous goo, then sure. One last season. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, rmurrey74 said:

Crossing my fingers that any instrument passes! After being active in the activity for over 25 years, I have to say, it’s about time!

Active in the BOA community?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2