2020 Rules Proposals

58 minutes ago, rmurrey74 said:

After teaching a camp just recently, there’s definitely a lot more staff and members that think it makes sense as well!  Many more than you would think.  If you can play it on a synth already then there’s no argument against it.

Yeah there is. No synths

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

As I said in my first post on the matter I'll be the one holding the door. DCI is holding the door too. We're not pushing you out. Just saying "if you don't like it, there's the door."

If you decide to stay and overcome and release your clutched pearls, enjoy the music, be proud of the achievement, you can plug your ears for the 20 seconds of a show when a clarinet plays and the rest of the show will remain the same. 

Those of us that enjoy the artform for the excellence and don't equate excellence with brass and percussion only, will enjoy the performances, the excitement of the kids on finals night, the achievement of the designers, this community and nostalgia.

But I guess now you guys and everyone who are #neverWW can enjoy DCA. 

<yawn>. Have my seat. I can watch lame-o marching band anytime anywhere. “Excellence.”  Yeah that’s what it is.  Haha haha 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 1

Sometimes this is like watching an argument at a comic book convention where Teenage mutant Ninja Turtle comic books are declared stupid, but Superman comic books are the bomb.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WaxDCIFan said:

I wonder if DCI has consulted some of their more loyal donors such as Friends of DCI. I used to run a pretty large alumni program for a big land-grant university, and it wasn’t unusual at all for us to float important policy changes or planned expenditures through our donor base to see where they were on big issues and solicit support. The university didn’t want to surprise our supporters or worse yet alienate the high $$ donor alumni with a policy change and have it backfire on them. Any Friends of DCI people on here? Have you been separately consulted  about any of these proposals to see if you would bail out?

Pfft. No they didn’t do that. They ran it past their internal echo chamber and Surprise!  They were all in agreement WWs are they way to save the day!

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, fecontra said:

are you a paid DCI online bot? I like you made a disparage to yeaH  but this now disconnects Drum & Bugle Corps from us oldies - good luck to competing with Ohio State and Texas A & M

Us oldies? I started in 1963, and IMO this is a great and long overdue change, even if for now it is primarily for soloists and small groups in the pit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Us oldies? I started in 1963, and IMO this is a great and long overdue change, even if for now it is primarily for soloists and small groups in the pit.

But once the camel gets it's nose under the tent............

• Like 2