2020 Rules Proposals

1 minute ago, cybersnyder said:

Not sure apples and oranges, maybe fuji apples and granny smith at best. (I think those are two different color apples, please substitute if not.) I'm just not sure that the sound will change much if at all.

Been a while since I moonlighted slinging produce at the local supermarket but like the comparison. As for sound anything not horn or percussion is distracting to my enjoyment. Would be like going to a multiplex movie and hearing the sound from the next movie while trying to listen to the movie you’re watching. 

23 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

Has anyone looked at this from the perspective of the small open class corps that struggles to field on a yearly basis? What if opening up the instrumentation allows these types of corps to add 10, 20, 30 members to their rosters more easily on a yearly basis? That could and would keep these organizations alive and could grow the activity in the long run.

And what proof do you have to support this theory?

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

But before that there were zero valves and rotors. The color guard was just that, a military style color guard whose sole purpose was to display the US Flag and guard the colors. I guess what you did was real drum and bugle corps.

But woodwinds were NEVER a part of drum and bugle corps then and shouldn’t be now.

• Thanks 2

So if corps go to woodwind sections how many more staff would be added? We have techs for the different horn voices, drums, electronics/amps, etc. So how many new techs would be needed?

Yeah get those expenses down...

25 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Be interesting to find out how many of these 100% investment subject matter experts paid for their own transportation, housing and meals this weekend. 

Yes.  I guarantee it.

Who else would pay for it?  DCI?  Where do they get their money? 

1 minute ago, cybersnyder said:

Seriously. I don’t know what you’re meaning was in your comment. That’s it. 

I’m confused by both of your comments but can guess at one better than the other... jump ball and start over... 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, soccerguy315 said:

where are all these new fans going to sit? the back sideline? all the regionals are basically already maxed out on audience capacity

Silly, they'll sit in the seats vacated by all these disgruntled dinos!

Geesh, you're not keeping up.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, garfield said:

Silly, they'll sit in the seats vacated by all these disgruntled dinos!

Geesh, you're not keeping up.

Ok Boomer.
Dinos can actually afford those tickets.

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, garfield said:

Yes.  I guarantee it.

Who else would pay for it?  DCI?  Where do they get their money? 

The individual organizations they represent paid for it all. It comes from a variety of sources including donors. I know because I too use to attend. Didn’t care where the money came from either as long as it wasn’t mine. Been there done that!