2020 Rules Proposals

1 hour ago, greg_orangecounty said:

A woke civil rights attorney (from the Forestry Service) is now the Board chair for DCI, but does anyone on the Board have at least a bachelors degree in Business from an accredited university???  What business model supports throwing away brand recognition to become like their lessor-common competitor, and thus risk alienating a substantial percentage of their customer base?   

I'm not sure I can answer your questions.. buuuuuut.......

Anyone ever think of this chick in the movie Signs when Forestry Service Kathy is talking?

310?cb=20170903180507

Edited by IMcomguy
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

They should really calm down. It’s not the end of the world or anything.  Acceptance is the key and moving on.  Enjoy the 2020 season. 

Few days ago I got a “I give up” from a poster when I tried to explain something. No idea what the problem was as think he missed the point but still “had” to be right (whatever it was). I just laughed and moved on

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 1

Anyone know what time the voting is EST?

Just trying to schedule when I should peek back here for the results and the initial explosi... I mean... commentary.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, garfield said:

OK, child.  

"The older you get the smarter I'll get."

I wouldn’t bet on it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

The individual organizations they represent paid for it all. It comes from a variety of sources including donors. I know because I too use to attend. Didn’t care where the money came from either as long as it wasn’t mine. Been there done that! 

Sounds like your ambivalence towards the money (i.e. always making it OPM) might be symptomatic of the reason the activity is looking for new revenue.

The SMEs that advised the Board are not staff members of corps.  

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Few days ago I got a “I give up” from a poster when I tried to explain something. No idea what the problem was as I think he missed the point. I just laughed and moved on

I don’t know why anyone would think I would think I’d be missed?  I’m pretty self-contained and talk to only a few people when I’m at shows.  They’d barely know I’d left!  😂 

• Haha 2

Just now, soccerguy315 said:

that is not more revenue though...

that is the same amount of revenue that the shows currently bring in.

Yep would love to know how donations have been over the years... 

9 minutes ago, garfield said:

What "brand recognition" is being lost in the eyes of the public?  Are you trying to suggest that marching bands are "lessor-common" (sic) than drum corps?  And "substantial percentage" is subjective at least and non-knowable anyway.

Zero to the public-at-large who don't see any difference between Drum Crops and Marching Band anyway.  That's not the people I'm referring to.  

And this maybe just anecdotal...........I marched in the Anaheim Kingsmen.  When we folded the first time (1975) many of us went to other corps across the country; B.D., SCV, Freelancers, Bridgemen, etc.  Out of the two-dozen + I have maintained freindship with over the years, not ONE person hopes WW are allowed and (roughly) 3/4 plan to no longer follow/support Drum Corps if they are introduced.  

Too small a sampling size...?  Maybe, maybe not.