2020 Rules Proposals

4 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

I see that you lost your sense of humor sometime around the time they grounded the pit.

No, when they went to B-flat instruments

13 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

For all the adamant detractors I will say this. Look at this decision like a kidney stone. It will be unbearably painful in the lead up to and the act of it passing. But, once it does pass you will be free to pee all over everything as you always have pain free.

I’m not sad or in pain.  In fact, this will allow me to expand myself to many new adventures during the summer.  I’ll enjoy this season and then on to new experiences. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m not sad or in pain.  In fact, this will allow me to expand myself to many new adventures during the summer.  I’ll enjoy this season and then on to new experiences. 

My first summer not watching did a lot of “man is this weird” but had new house, wife and church duties to take up the slack. Following summer never really thought of it.

Only came back when I saw a show in Gettysburg and talked to a guy in an alumni type corps while there. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

So you'd be cool with an entire line of mello's since those are not keyed in Bb.

Yes, a line of saxophones, no.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

But SoundSport isn't a full blown production using the entire field as Open class is. It just isn't the same.

Then you know how we feel.  Marching band isn't full-blown brass and percussion using the entire dynamic range as drum corps is.  It just isn't the same.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

My first summer not watching did a lot of “man is this weird” but had new house, wife and church duties to take up the slack. Following summer never really thought of it.

Only came back when I saw a show in Gettysburg and talked to a guy in an alumni type corps while there

Jim’s dad walked away after Pride of Cincinnati shut down their drum corps.  And this man marched and helped start a few drum corps.  He literally never saw another live drum corps show.  Jim talked him into going to the movie theater broadcast and he asked his dad what he thought.  He wasn’t interested in going again to put it lightly. 

Whoa... I walk away for a few minutes and this thread took a turn and a half...

I'll see myself out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Our butts are bigger though.  Once they get rid of us they can squeeze more seats into the stadium and profit from increased attendance. 

See?  I KNEW we'd identify some revenue sources!  Two skinny-butt woodwind lovers for every fat-rear dino that leaves.

Now THAT'S a business plan!