2020 Rules Proposals

16 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Ageism is very real.  I advocate for the elderly and I see when I take them to appointments and other errands, how poorly they’re treated.  But for the grace of God, we all go there. 

I've even noticed myself when going to restaurants.  They like to put you in the back and hide you.  And I think I’m a pretty youthful 62 and I’m in very good physical condition.  

I think we should all try to be more kind to one another.  I’m going to try much harder myself. 

Ever the voice of reason. Thank you for your volunteerism. It’s folks like you who make a positive impact on the lives of others.

I still want to be a roadie on your “Terri Schehr Live” tour.

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Ageism is very real.  I advocate for the elderly and I see when I take them to appointments and other errands, how poorly they’re treated.  But for the grace of God, we all go there.

I've even noticed myself when going to restaurants.  They like to put you in the back and hide you.  And I think I’m a pretty youthful 62 and I’m in very good physical condition.  

I think we should all try to be more kind to one another.  I’m going to try much harder myself. 

Saw a story on the news where the discussion focused on some hip restaurants trying to discourage the elderly and people with grey hair from returning because it was not good for the image.

• Like 2

Just now, Sutasaurus said:

Ever the voice of reason. Thank you for your volunteerism. It’s folks like you who make a positive impact on the lives on others.

I still want to be a roadie on your “Terri Schehr Live” tour.

You’re hired!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Pros: I wasn't looking forward to hearing woodwinds in drum corps.

Cons: Those threatening to stop following DCI will presumably continue to post on DCP.

You can always put people on ignore, unless you’re a glutton for punishment. 

Edited by Poppycock
  • Like 2

Just now, Continental said:

Saw a story on the news where the discussion focused on some hip restaurants trying to discourage the elderly and people with grey hair from returning because it was not good for the image.

It’s true.  I’ve read several articles about this discriminatory practice. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Work IT at age 62 and work with people as young as college seniors (interns). Yeah get “that look” until they realize I’ve kept up on things both work and real world. They know and have experienced things I haven’t and vice versa. All sides talking brings up a lot of things we might not have normally heard. And when trying to design or fix something that is a big plus

• Like 3