2020 Rules Proposals

7 hours ago, WaxDCIFan said:

What a goofball thing to say.  When DCI was formed all of these things were already on the field.  My contra had one valve and one rotor.

When I started marching G/D horns had one valve and a slipside. Drum corps started before DCI. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Not that I disagree with you, but finances has never been, never will be, or should be staffs concern. 

You’re making my point. It’s not their concern. So they shouldn’t be proposing things that will cause others who DO bear responsibility to suck up their messes. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

You’re making my point. It’s not their concern. So they shouldn’t be proposing things that will cause others who DO bear responsibility to suck up their messes. 

They can propose anything, but they should be given a budget to work with.

54 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

So. That's over for a couple years.  Does Bloo's counter proposal tip their hand that they were on the pro-WW side of things?  Will this incur backlash? Will FloMarching send 'investigative reporters' to create stories and get fired within a week for making comments that draw criticism?  Winter storylines could be juicy!

* See my post in the Bluecoats’ thread.

41 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

What did I miss?  Should I have kept the year-round subscription?

Nah, this goes back to their first season covering and some guy who inferred that the Cavaliers could train their corps harder because they were all guys....he was gone by the next week.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Nah, this goes back to their first season covering and some guy who inferred that the Cavaliers could train their corps harder because they were all guys....he was gone by the next week.

My jaw dropped when he said that. 

1 hour ago, oldbandguy said:

What's your basis for this statement.  I was a secret ballot. 

"Sounds like the vote wan't even close."  I have no first hand or "insider knowledge" if this is fact.  I'm repeating hearsay/rumor from other Drum Corps friends.

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

My jaw dropped when he said that. 

It drew a gasp out of me too.  I was like, "no....he didn't...."

• Like 1