2020 Rules Proposals

2 minutes ago, xandandl said:

I agree with you.  What is right, what is proper, and what is legal aren't always the same. Has not Washington shown that all?

Will you post copies of your bank statements online? I'm curious how you spend your money. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cybersnyder said:

Will you post copies of your bank statements online? I'm curious how you spend your money. 

it would be an empty paper.  My net monthly "discretionary/luxury" money after rent, transportation and medical costs is exactly $71. There are no longer any savings or assets. This is why I can no longer afford DCI. You're welcome.

Edited by xandandl

4 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I think that corps are short on season long volunteers. 

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Jim volunteered for a few years.  The volunteers for the most part, were old guys and women like him.  50’s and 60’s.

Here is an aspect of things that often gets missed.  While there is survey data attesting to the shorter fan retention average of modern, ever-changing DCI, no one talks about the volunteers working behind the scenes.  If volunteer retention is as bad as fan retention, this whole thing could come crashing down.

• Like 4

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

Unless he’s a non-profit with a fan base, I don’t see the correlation. 

Disclosure requirements. Nonprofits are not required to release their private discussions, nor should the be. DCI owes nothing to me, they are accountable to their board and the IRS. What would be the point in providing everyone with an IP address meeting notes and discussion?

4 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Here is an aspect of things that often gets missed.  While there is survey data attesting to the shorter fan retention average of modern, ever-changing DCI, no one talks about the volunteers working behind the scenes.  If volunteer retention is as bad as fan retention, this whole thing could come crashing down.

It’s become increasingly hard to recruit volunteers.  They’re pleading for them all season long.  I don’t want Jim doing it any more.  Let the younger people pick up the gauntlet.  He’s done enough for drum corps over 67 years. 

Edited by Terri Schehr

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

I understand that.  I said a few pages ago that it would be a good faith gesture. Sheesh. 

Well, then you DO see the correlation, right?  Neither is required.  That's the correlation and the reason for his and my posts.

No reason to "sheesh" me; you said it, not me.