2020 Rules Proposals

11 minutes ago, garfield said:

See, I just said that.

And yet, here we both are.  If you leave because of WWs, you'll simply be acting on those feelings of hate.

After hearing a show or two, I might feel the same.  But I'm willing to give it the chance to be impressive and it sounds like you're foregone conclusion is it won't be.  That's OK, too, I guess.

Seriously? If someone leaves it’s because of hate... and knowing what All Instruments sounds like because you hear a lot of it over multiple seasons has nothing to do with it?

Edited by JimF-LowBari

5 minutes ago, garfield said:

In a world of EGAT, yes!  Of Course!  Being great at being lame is still being great, isn't it!

And you go, girl!  You be you!  Yeah!

Thanks for the encouragement. I will continue being me. And you do the same. We don’t always have to agree. 

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

Seriously? If you leave it’s because of hate... 

I think he meant hate of woodwinds versus being a hater?  That’s too cheap of an insult for Garfield to use

• Thanks 1

Just now, HockeyDad said:

I think he meant hate of woodwinds versus being a hater?  That’s too cheap of an insult for Garfield to use

My thoughts too so asked for clarification.... maybe “woodwind problem... burn them” was a problem lol

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, garfield said:

See, I just said that.

And yet, here we both are.  If you leave because of WWs, you'll simply be acting on those feelings of hate.

After hearing a show or two, I might feel the same.  But I'm willing to give it the chance to be impressive and it sounds like you're foregone conclusion is it won't be.  That's OK, too, I guess.

It’s not hate. I don’t pay to see an idiom I don’t enjoy. I don’t like opera, so I don’t pay to see it. I don’t like nascar, so I don’t pay to see it. As we have both said to others here “ why do you pay to watch something you don’t like?” I see lots I like in drum corps without woodwinds. I don’t like drum corps WITH woodwinds. I don’t pay to see BOA, TOB, Cavalcade of Bands, the new Maryland circuit or USBands now. Why would dci be any different since it’s the exact same product? 

why is that so hard for someone as intelligent as you to understand?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

One radical parent and a law suit away! 

I’m still amazed zero pushback about Crossmen last year. Maybe #metoo needed a #guardguystoo

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Seriously? If someone leaves it’s because of hate... and knowing what All Instruments sounds like because you hear a lot of it over multiple seasons has nothing to do with it?

No, no, Jim.  That's not what I was saying.  Here's his quote:

"BD 2008-2013 performed incredibly. I still hate every show, and don’t watch or listen to them"