2020 Rules Proposals

26 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Fair enough.  It seems kinda serious this time though. Ticket prices for NFL games not against teams near by were going for like $4 by the end of the season.  Games against nearby teams were going for more because the demand was actually coming from away fans.  Dannyboy's pocket might be feeling the reality.

I don't really follow the sport anymore anyway. it's just something that comes up on the  news.

Yeah... you are on target about this current situation with the team.  And you are so right about the team owner. The franchise has been, shall we say, less than stellar on his watch.

I'm with you... I rarely follow anything NFL anymore.  Other than that I'm glad the Ravens are doing well. My Super Bowl is the upcoming Monday night college FBS title game. After that, it's wait until late August for me.  LOL. 

3 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Local CBS News down here in DC had more coverage of "can't wait for the Ravens game" hype than "the DC team is firing errrybody" news.

Had supper at Hershey and Philly sports channel on tv in front of me. Whole time was Eagles firing two coaches.. the WHOLE time....

eating before going to see Jeff Dunham at the hockey arena. Have my non-pc fix now....

To try to bring it on topic, Dunham had few remarks how hard it is to discuss and laugh at our different opinions. He actually had an audience voice vote if Jose would come out. Kinda like the flames and insults we’ve seen with this. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

2 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Fair enough.  It seems kinda serious this time though. Ticket prices for NFL games not against teams near by were going for like $4 by the end of the season.  Games against nearby teams were going for more because the demand was actually coming from away fans.  Dannyboy's pocket might be feeling the reality.

I don't really follow the sport anymore anyway. it's just something that comes up on the  news.

Weren’t those tickets on the secondary market? The ‘skins already got their money but season ticket holders couldn’t dump their tickets.  If enough PSL owners don’t renew, the he’ll feel the pinch. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Had supper at Hershey and Philly sports channel on tv in front of me. Whole time was Eagles firing two coaches.. the WHOLE time....

eating before going to see Jeff Dunham at the hockey arena. Have my non-pc fix now....

To try to bring it on topic, Dunham had few remarks how hard it is to discuss and laugh at our different opinions. He actually had an audience voice vote if Jose would come out. Kinda like the flames and insults we’ve seen with this. 

I hope Walter was good. His alter ego is John Arendas 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MikeD said:

Just commenting on this statement....

In the Audience Impact section of the proposal, it says this:  "....expanded use in future years, including the possibility of increasing corps size."

Ah, thanks for that. Hadn't seen that before. They'll have to follow through on that "possibility" and turn it into "reality" if they want to live up to the stated purpose of the rule change.

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Ah, thanks for that. Hadn't seen that before. They'll have to follow through on that "possibility" and turn it into "reality" if they want to live up to the stated purpose of the rule change.

The proposal should be voted down on a number of reasons, and one of them will be that it would quickly create even more competitive imbalance, which is the opposite of what rules changes should do.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Does anyone else find it ironic that A&E has become a justification to allow more acoustic Instruments? 

Yes.  But after...

• woodwinds will increase DCI revenue
  • to be more creative, we must become exactly like marching band
  • if the form has no signature, that proves everyone supports the proposal
  • all the positive impacts hinge on corps adding WWs, but the negatives are all dismissed because corps might not add WWs

... I am getting numb to irony.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Yes.  But after...

• woodwinds will increase DCI revenue
  • to be more creative, we must become exactly like marching band
  • if the form has no signature, that proves everyone supports the proposal
  • all the positive impacts hinge on corps adding WWs, but the negatives are all dismissed because corps might not add WWs

... I am getting numb to irony.

You forgot one of the best sellers - "we won't need as many keyboard instruments in the pit, because you'll be able to hear the players without having to double or triple up on all the parts."

Yes, that really was one of the justifications. Now I don't actually mind mic'ing and electronics, if they're done tastefully and artistically like Bluecoats 2015, so that's not Dino speak, just awareness of how when a DCI creative type wants something, they're as desperate as an 8 year old who REALLY wants something, and they'll promise you to be good. 

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

I was at a mall here in the Baltimore area today, and saw about a dozen or so members of the Baltimore Ravens Marching Band setting up to play.

I thought "Wow... they're here for a pro-woodwinds rally... amazing how much support the idea has"... but then remembered the Ravens have a playoff game this weekend and there are events all around town.

:lol::lol::lol:

Would that have been the Columbia Mall? I only ask b/c my daughter is currently living in Ellicott City while doing a PT residency at Johns Hopkins...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cybersnyder said:

Weren’t those tickets on the secondary market? The ‘skins already got their money but season ticket holders couldn’t dump their tickets.  If enough PSL owners don’t renew, the he’ll feel the pinch. 

No idea, but probably.  But the utter lack of demand for them and the thousands of empty seats in the stadium doesn't say much for the future of tickets sales either.