2020 Rules Proposals

4 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

What proof do you have to the contrary? 

I mean can people not bring up possible points here in DCP? Is that not allowed? It makes some sense and just looking at possible benefits. Is that ok with you are are you going to complain about that as well?

Why is my comment a complaint?

Edited by Sutasaurus

For all the adamant detractors I will say this. Look at this decision like a kidney stone. It will be unbearably painful in the lead up to and the act of it passing. But, once it does pass you will be free to pee all over everything as you always have pain free.

Edited by Spatzzz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

Has anyone looked at this from the perspective of the small open class corps that struggles to field on a yearly basis? What if opening up the instrumentation allows these types of corps to add 10, 20, 30 members to their rosters more easily on a yearly basis? That could and would keep these organizations alive and could grow the activity in the long run.

They could do that now in SoundSport.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

Most donations are to individual corps. Will people withhold support to their corps of choice because of a DCI run allowing all instruments? I'm sure some will, but I guess I'd have to ask if you were supporting the corps and the kids or trying to remain influential?

None of the above. The opposite of love is not hate. It’s indifference. I just won’t care anymore. No support to anyone. I can support “the kids” who don’t do dci in so many other ways. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, garfield said:

The SMEs that advised the Board are not staff members of corps.  

Who did advise the board?

ugh I hate the SME term.... have it connected to me on a project (7 more weeks anyway)