2020 Rules Proposals

Just now, Continental said:

Blue Devils present "Constantly Risking Absurdity - Part Dos"

Violas at carry. 😇

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

Cut the Dino stuff, it’s getting really old not to mention really offensive. You called out Poppycock for bashing people when you instigated it and here you are doing the same thing. Give it, and us, a rest. Oh, BTW, if this insanity passes, it won’t be drum corps any longer.

WTH are you reading.  FYI, I AM a dino by all definition so I can't insult my own group.

Good golly, lighten up!  This is NOT world peace! 

Poppy deserved it.  And Poppy doesn't need you to defend him; he punches back plenty hard himself.  You can stick with you and me.

If you care to explain what you think you read, please do and you can invite me to respond or not.  Otherwise... well I don't know what to tell you.

This is a discussion forum.  I asked a legit question about age group spending.  You may care to chime in.  Or not.

3 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

As much as you depend on me to hold your hand and walk you through the process I’m exhausted. Sorry you’re just  to have to do the research yourself. It will cost you a lot of money to be your sexcretary! Nfo. 

Too bad.  I gave you the chance.

I'll place the accuracy of my data and it's source in the corps' actual, filed 990's and my ability to correctly read the number on the line item under "Salaries Paid".

You can spout your data but I'm pretty sure I'll refute it as unsourced each time you do.

Seriously, make it a project for tomorrow while your waiting for the BoD vote.  I'd love for you to be a stout competitor!

"Sexcretary"??  Uhh, thanks but I'm just asking for your data source.

😀

8 minutes ago, garfield said:

WTH are you reading.  FYI, I AM a dino by all definition so I can't insult my own group.

Poppy deserved it.  And Poppy doesn't need you to defend him; he punches back plenty hard himself.  You can stick with you and me.

If you care to explain what you think you read, please do and you can invite me to respond or not.  Otherwise... well I don't know what to tell you.

This is a discussion forum.  I asked a legit question about age group spending.  You may care to chime in.  Or not.

Go back two pages. Talking about disposable income. You started out good then mucked it up with the Stupid Dino reference. Could have made your point w/out the snark.
As for Poppycock, I have no doubt in his/her ability to defend themself but I have to call out hypocrisy. You accused Poppycock for resorting to name calling and yet you do this repeatedly. See my point yet?

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, garfield said:

The ageism has gotten pretty thick on drum corps forums.  Tread with care.

And not everyone visiting DCP today knows how old you are.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sutasaurus said:

Go back two pages. Talking about disposable income. You started out good then mucked it up with the Stupid Dino reference. Could have made your point w/out the snark.

How can I snark myself?  Jeebus, you are sensitive!

I'll go with the "...started out good..." part.

1 minute ago, garfield said:

Too bad.  I gave you the chance.

I'll place the accuracy of my data and it's source in the corps' actual, filed 990's and my ability to correctly read the number on the line item under "Salaries Paid".

You can spout your data but I'm pretty sure I'll refute it as unsourced each time you do.

Seriously, make it a project for tomorrow while your waiting for the BoD vote.  I'd love for you to be a stout competitor!

"Sexcretary"??  Uhh, thanks but I'm just asking for your data source.

😀

I believe you have me confused with someone who gives a rats behind. Continue your diatribe sweetie. Be you!  Cheers 🥂 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cixelsyd said:

The ageism has gotten pretty thick on drum corps forums.  Tread with care.

And not everyone visiting DCP today knows how old you are.

Well, thanks for the advice.  I think that's why there are mods here, but I'll respect it anyway.

It's not "ageism" to compare spending patterns among "dinos" like me and the family and friends of new participants who are, generally, younger than "dino" age.  They have participant children.  (Is that OK to say?)

I still think the answer is important and I'm sorry if it insults someone's sensibilities.

I used to say "Legacy fan" to describe myself.  I think I'll go back to that until someone else complains.