Email list of voting directors

8 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Respect their privacy.  No home addresses, phone numbers, or whatever else was in that xandandl post above.

As I was saying.

If you had told me in 1990 that in 30 years most people's phone numbers and home addresses would not be readily accessible to the public, I wouldn't have believed you.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

I was thinking Muskrat Love by Captain and Tenille

RIP Captain.

54 minutes ago, SFZFAN said:

2. Someone had enough spare time to waste looking all of this up. 

How dare people care about their hobbies!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Days of hounding people in email format is over.  Want to impress someone send a letter or certified letter, hand written.  Otherwise you are wasting bandwidth.

5 hours ago, Ghost said:

Thank you for the emails.  My thoughts have been forwarded.

One reply so far.  "We value your opinion and will take your thoughts into consideration this week. All rules proposals will be taken very seriously and we will make the decision with great care and attention."  Sounds toof cookie cutter to me, but at least they replied.  Let me know if anyone else receives this response.   

2 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

Days of hounding people in email format is over.  Want to impress someone send a letter or certified letter, hand written.  Otherwise you are wasting bandwidth.

One for 26 so far, by email, is a start.  Not expecting the big dogs to waste any bandwidth, but, they may take that previous thought of mine as a "I'll show him."  I'm with those who believe most corps have already kicked this decision around with their instructional staff and have the yes or no box already checked off in their minds.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SFZFAN said:

I don't know which is sadder:

1. None of these folks care what DCP'ers think and therefore nothing will be changed.

2. Someone had enough spare time to waste looking all of this up. 

yup

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lance said:

depends on the spam filter.  my org's filter doesn't allow much from personal email sites at all.  if it's gmail, hotmail, or yahoo mail, 90% of the time it doesn't get through unless we go through our spam folder and whitelist them. 

when they do come through, i just automatically delete them as spam.  i know exactly who i want contacting me through personal email, and they're on my whitelist.

i'd want the same level of filtering if i ran a drum corps, but maybe some of these are fine with hundreds of spam emails per day going to their inbox.  

besides, it doesn't work for my joke otherwise. 

Show me a director that automatically filters out emails from potential marchers, and I’ll show you a director not long for his job. We had turnover one year and one of our contact emails simply didn’t get set to the new person, and it was a major internal issue. 

Mike

• Like 1

that must be tons of fun.  i'd easily get 1000 spam messages a day without my org filtering out gmail and hotmail.

.org's get obliterated with spam and phishing. 

i don't doubt you, but that would be rough.  

i rarely see anything on corps pages where the executive director says "hey email me here", but whatever you say. 

Edited by Lance
  • Like 1