Email list of voting directors

20 minutes ago, Lance said:

no matter what, i just want an online petition.  if it takes saying wrong things about email over and over, i'll keep doing it.  just create that #### petition, somebody. 

Please do.

26 minutes ago, Lance said:

that must be tons of fun.  i'd easily get 1000 spam messages a day without my org filtering out gmail and hotmail.

.org's get obliterated with spam and phishing. 

i don't doubt you, but that would be rough.  

i rarely see anything on corps pages where the executive director says "hey email me here", but whatever you say. 

Just a quick glance at some of the top corps websites does reveal that some have email addresses publicly posted.  Academy literally has an email address posted for almost the entire board, while others (like BD) use individual contact forms for certain staff members.

And while I don't see anything on most pages directing people to contact the Executive Director of most corps, I would also be concerned if they are blindly filtering away message from prospective member's parents, sponsors, donors, volunteers and anyone else that has a genuine reason or need to contact the corps.

8 hours ago, rjohn76 said:

Just a quick glance at some of the top corps websites does reveal that some have email addresses publicly posted.  Academy literally has an email address posted for almost the entire board, while others (like BD) use individual contact forms for certain staff members.

And while I don't see anything on most pages directing people to contact the Executive Director of most corps, I would also be concerned if they are blindly filtering away message from prospective member's parents, sponsors, donors, volunteers and anyone else that has a genuine reason or need to contact the corps.

I wouldn’t be too concerned about filling up the executive directors’ email boxes or that doing so would possibly filter away what you term a “genuine reason.” I’d be more concerned if someone in the position of executive director could not manage email and allowed a more pressing email to be filtered out. Managing email would be a minimal requirement. That being said, I would wonder how effective such a campaign would be. I know of a young woman who back in the day worked in Senator Ted Kennedy’s office and she had one job. Opening both emails and snail mail of constituents and checking to see if they were registered voters and if they voted in the last election. Unless the writer identified as someone too young to vote, the email or letter was often ignored if you were not a registered voter or did not bother to vote. My thought: if you are not a donor, volunteer, or alum, your email will be ignored.

17 hours ago, Ghost said:

Thank you for the emails.  My thoughts have been forwarded.

Chris is representing  Inspire Arts and Music. They have Hundreds of Bands in the Northeast who they offer performance opportunities too.

Quick blurb from their Website'

Inspire Arts & Music is able to establish performance opportunities for nearly 77,000 students. 

Inspire Arts & Music is proud to present life changing performance experiences for the participants in our programs. Inspire Arts & Music has 17,000 students annually participating in our music festivals. 

Inspire Arts & Music launched inner city program HpYPE, the Denney Center Drums, and Salesian East Boston Boys & Girls Club, and have now raised over 1.4 million dollars over 5 years at our Concert in the Park event; including $600,000 in 2018! Please see our generous and impressive list of donors at concertinthepark.org. We particularly appreciate United Healthcare, DST, GIBC Digital, State Street, Putnam Investments, Teladoc, and Michael & Julie Woodall.

I know my follow Crusaders represent the hardest and most fervent of Traditionalist out there, but I suspect that they have to protect the interest of their parent organization now. 

9 hours ago, Lance said:

no matter what, i just want an online petition.  if it takes saying wrong things about email over and over, i'll keep doing it.  just create that #### petition, somebody. 

If the petition ends up with 500 signatures, then that's a green light for adding WW.

Received two replies.

One was a stock response from the Crossmen, which was word for word written in an earlier post.

The other was a response from Jim Coates with some quotes that lead me to believe the writing is on the wall.  "Hopefully as we move through the next stage of our development we will find much of the same as the past has given."

"Take care as I hope we still have you as a fan going forward."

• Like 2

Here is the list w/ the director's names removed that will be easier to cut & paste.

mark@arizonaacademy.org

sgallant@bluedevils.org

dgibbs@bluedevils.org

mark.arnold@ascendperformingarts.org

mscott@bluecoats.com

ggeisler@bluecoats.com

brad@bluestars.org

cholland@iaminspired.org

Dbonfiglio@yea.org

jim@carolinacrown.org

monte.mast@cavaliers.org

colts@colts.org

natalie@crossmen.org

magonigal@genesisdbc.org

bobj@jerseysurf.org

ckomnick@madisonscouts.org

jwkoester@sbcglobal.net

jimtabuchi@mandarins.org

director@musiccitydrumcorps.org

pompel@pacific-crest.org

rick@regiment.org

david@regiment.org

idelacruz@scvanguard.org

brian.smith@SeattleCascades.org

cmoore@spiritdrumcorps.org

k.jackson@troopersdrumcorps.org

re: Rick Valenzuela rick@regiment.org
      David Warren david@regiment.org

I was wondering why Regiment made the OP's initial list twice, the only corps to do so. (???)

It occurred to me Mr. Valenzuela has resigned from his Rockford position as CEO until a replacement is named. However, Mr. Valenzuela who also has been serving as official liaison between DCI corps directors and DCI BoD, also announced that upon leaving Regiment he will be taking on a new position with System Blue whom we all know to be a manufacturer and distributor of musical instruments for bands and drum corps.

In a perfect world, I would anticipate Mr. Valenzuela to recuse himself  from any say on what musical instruments DCI corps should be allowed to use in competition.

Otherwise there seems a clear ethical Conflict of Interest situation which might skew any of Regiment's votes and would sully Mr. Valenzuela's strong legacy at both Regiment and SCV where he has been director. At Regiment, he helped climb the corps out of a large financial hole and steadied the corps past the fatal bus tragedy in Arizona; at SCV he steered the corps past the death of its founder Mr. Royer and continued many of the traditions of the corps where Mr. Valenzuela was himself an alum (baritone.)  Just as excellence has been the presumed goal of his leadership both in California and Illinois, I would hope he would choose the higher standard now and honor the wishes of the founders of the two corps he chaired.

Mr. Royer was a music teacher from Iowa who moved to California and took over the leadership of the Sunnyvale Sparks drum corps whom Mr. Royer re-branded as The Santa Clara Vanguard. Mr. Royer could have started a marching band like the Santa Ana Winds or the Royal Regiment, both fine California independent marching bands; instead he chose a drum and bugle corps and continued to choose his and other units to be drum and bugle corps when Mr. Royer, Mr. Jim Jones, Mr. Don Warren, Mr. Bill Howard, Mr. Hugh Mahon, Mr. George Bonfiglio, and others began Drum Corps International. When they began, they chose not to align with the Largo, Florida Band of Gold and other marching bands who competed in American Legion and VFW national contests. They and DCI for almost 50 years after have chosen brass and percussion instruments.

When Mr. Alex Haddad and others began the unit in Rockford in 1956 from the interested teens at two different Catholic high schools and greater Rockford, they chose not to continue as a marching band like the schools had (and whose uniforms they borrowed) but as a drum and bugle corps of brass and percussion instruments.

One can note something similar when Mr. George Bonfiglio and others took the remnants of the Immaculate Conception (I.C.) Reveries and began the 27th Lancers drum and bugle corps, a DCI silver medalist and strong contender, rather than re-starting as a marching band in the neighboring Boston CYO and Eastern Mass circuits quite active at that time.

I don't presume ill will on the part of Mr. Valenzuela whom I have cited previously on various DCP threads as being noteworthy for his allegiance to his corps. But I do in a fraternal way remind him and other DCI leaders that conflicts of interest mean more than just "what DCI judge is now the clinic leader for Fred Martin's high school band?"  In light of the System Blue connection, Mr. Valenzuela should recuse himself from the discussion and vote and in no way hamper or influence any vote from the Phantom Regiment.  The media does not need the grist of another scandal story about DCI. To now, Mr. Valenzuela and both of his corps still have my respect. I hope that continues. 

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1