Email list of voting directors

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

No, not this time.  Maybe after it is proposed 14 times like amps, but not this time.  (Come to think of it, most of those failed amp proposals had that same fake air of inevitability.)

Not with such a half-hearted, poorly developed proposal.

Not when no corps director was willing to attach their name to the proposal.

Not when every drum corps forum is lit up with dissent... even from the kids... even from WW kids saying THEY want drum corps to stay WW-free.

Not this time.

Regardless of what I think of the proposal....and only thinking about the proposal logistics...

My guess is the proposal would never have been proposed by Kathy Black unless the item had been discussed in great detail over the months by the voting members. They probably hashed out the issues, and when they realized they had a consensus had Ms Black put the proposal in for the vote.

Just a guess on the logistics of the proposal, not the plus or minus of the subject of the proposal itself.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Regardless of what I think of the proposal....and only thinking about the proposal logistics...

My guess is the proposal would never have been proposed by Kathy Black unless the item had been discussed in great detail over the months by the voting members. They probably hashed out the issues, and when they realized they had a consensus had Ms Black put the proposal in for the vote.

Just a guess on the logistics of the proposal, not the plus or minus of the subject of the proposal itself.

Does that proposal look like the result of discussion in great detail over months by the voting members?

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Does that proposal look like the result of discussion in great detail over months by the voting members?

Sure. If they had hashed out everything already, that is all they will need. They are not trying to convince anybody; they already know what they want to do.

52 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

You think the directors haven’t discussed it? They’re going to show up this weekend and hear about WW for the first time? It’s why the proposal is brief. 

2 hours ago, Spatzzz said:

I hope it passes just to come here and watch the melt down....🍿

I hope it passes so many of us don’t have to spend any more time or money on it. Then giggle at the circuit that’s gone full on bando. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cybersnyder said:

You think the directors haven’t discussed it? They’re going to show up this weekend and hear about WW for the first time? It’s why the proposal is brief. 

Well, you Cixelsyd DID say the Congress was (entirely) this week.   :whip:

EDIT:  Oh geesh, my attempt at humor failed because I just realized I directed this at the wrong person.  Great poke, wrong person.  Now I see my friend has replied so he'll clear it up.

BTYRSP

Edited by garfield

38 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

The phrase was "discussion in great detail over months by the voting members".

I am sure it has been discussed.  You could even say "over months", since the sporadic discussions were separated by multiple-month gaps of time.  But my instincts tell me that the proposal reflects the degree of lack of detail from those discussions.  Also bear in mind that this was not done by the voting membership, but by a committee.  You would be surprised how few voting directors were on that committee.  (Hint - using the plural form was misleading.)

And do not be silly.  How would anyone show up at the meeting this weekend and hear about WW for the first time?  They published the proposal publicly.  More importantly, they distributed it to the directors December 15th at the latest.  The rules congress process is designed so that the voting directors can review these proposals before the meeting, then discuss them at the meeting.

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

The phrase was "discussion in great detail over months by the voting members".

I am sure it has been discussed.  You could even say "over months", since the sporadic discussions were separated by multiple-month gaps of time.  But my instincts tell me that the proposal reflects the degree of lack of detail from those discussions.  Also bear in mind that this was not done by the voting membership, but by a committee.  You would be surprised how few voting directors were on that committee.  (Hint - using the plural form was misleading.)

And do not be silly.  How would anyone show up at the meeting this weekend and hear about WW for the first time?  They published the proposal publicly.  More importantly, they distributed it to the directors December 15th at the latest.  The rules congress process is designed so that the voting directors can review these proposals before the meeting, then discuss them at the meeting.

I think you’re just arguing with shadows at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, MikeD said:

My guess is the proposal would never have been proposed by Kathy Black unless the item had been discussed in great detail over the months by the voting members.

Then one of them would have sponsored it. It's not sponsored, and the fact that Ms Black has no standing, under DCI's own rules, to propose anything should make it a short conversation.  Board members are supposed to be focused on the business end of DCI, not what color uniforms (or what instruments) the corps employ.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1