Email list of voting directors

On 1/6/2020 at 8:39 AM, cybersnyder said:

I just thought the “list” was on the creepy side of the line. 

Using their professional emails for addressing public concerns is creepy? Do you feel the same about political officials? 

Just now, tesmusic said:

Using their professional emails for addressing public concerns is creepy? Do you feel the same about political officials? 

No, and I don't feel the same about bananas. Just my opinion that compiling a pitchfork list is a little creepy, but that's me.

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:So as an insider, you define the activity by how an outsider defines it. Ok.

It WAS unique. It will be unique no longer. Just another lame marching band circuit. Even the best lame marching bands are still lame.

It is not about the kids and hasn’t been for quite some time.

And I don’t care if I’m missed or not. One of John Wooden’s creeds is - be true to yourself. So you do you and I’ll do me. And as an added bonus I won’t call you short sighted as you did me. Peace. 

I’m sure attendance will remain stable or maybe even increase.  No one is implying that they’ll be missed.    DCI has made it clear that they don’t care if legacy fans leave. 

I think the donor base may shrink.   Individual corps may feel a bit of a pinch. 

As for supporting kids, I will still be doing that because if woodwinds pass, In 2021 will instead be donating to the Marching Illini drumline scholarship fund. 

Edited by Terri Schehr

36 minutes ago, garfield said:

All three entities listed are INDIVIDUALS.

The rules provide an avenue for individuals to make proposals.

There is no wording that says ONLY these individuals can submit a proposal.

The DCI BoD is an ENTITY.

I agree that the proposal should have been signed by the entity but, according to a hint in an earlier post, I'm not sure we're seeing the finals distributed version of the proposals anyway.

ahhhh transparency

37 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It’s those double-secret probation rules that Dean Wormer had for Delta house. 

here's hoping for zero point zero yay votes

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, garfield said:

A friend of mine calls this "dieseling", like when your old carbureted car wouldn't shut off even when you turn the key - lubbata, lubbata, lubbata

You guys believe what you want and I'll believe what I want.  We'll each say "I'm right and you're wrong" and we'll avoid the dieseling.

In the end, by Monday, it won't mean anything anyway.

depending on the vote it could mean a lot

12 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

DCI has made it clear that they don’t care if legacy fans leave. 

I think the donor base may shrink.   Individual corps may feel a bit of a pinch. 

this i think is huge

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Maybe they will turn down the brass amps so we can hear the woodwinds

Sounds like a Twilight Zone episode.  LOL

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m sure attendance will remain stable or maybe even increase.  No one is implying that they’ll be missed.    DCI has made it clear that they don’t care if legacy fans leave. 

Then they will reap what they have sown.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

Yes, you have:

You asserted that a committee wanted this proposed.

No, I didn't.  I said that it's most likely that a committee presented it for consideration by the voting members.  I never said that the committee "supported" the idea.

Edited by garfield