Email list of voting directors

12 minutes ago, garfield said:

No, I didn't.  I said that it's most likely that a committee presented it for consideration by the voting members.  I never said that the committee "supported" the idea.

ahhhh, so more comes to the (maybe) light

49 minutes ago, garfield said:

No, I didn't.  I said that it's most likely that a committee presented it for consideration by the voting members.  I never said that the committee "supported" the idea.

My mistake, then.  I did not realize that when you said "desired by the membership", that really means "NOT desired by the membership".

23 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

My mistake, then.  I did not realize that when you said "desired by the membership", that really means "NOT desired by the membership".

You (conveniently?) left out THE key word in that sentence then turned it into something else.

TASKS.  "...administrative TASKS desired by the membership".  You conflated that to mean that this proposal was desired by the membership.

For example:  "Hey DCI, we, the member corps, have been talking about whether or not we should require all members to eat green eggs and ham before each contest.  Please put together a committee to study the effects of green eggs and ham and give us the information so we can Congress, caucus, and vote with full understanding of the details."

That, in no way, suggests that the voting membership or the committee members "desired" to feed their kids green eggs and ham.

Sam I am.

1 minute ago, garfield said:

You (conveniently?) left out THE key word in that sentence then turned it into something else.

TASKS.  "...administrative TASKS desired by the membership".  You conflated that to mean that this proposal was desired by the membership.

For example:  "Hey DCI, we, the member corps, have been talking about whether or not we should require all members to eat green eggs and ham before each contest.  Please put together a committee to study the effects of green eggs and ham and give us the information so we can Congress, caucus, and vote with full understanding of the details."

That, in no way, suggests that the voting membership or the committee members "desired" to feed their kids green eggs and ham.

I imagine the membership does not desire proposals on ideas that, after study, are not supported by even one committee member.  And in a similar vein, I imagine the rule change process is written the way it is specifically to ensure that no proposal goes to the congress without the support of a qualified sponsor.

Is it really your position that no one within the category of "sponsor" wants this "Any Instrument Policy"?  Not even one of them?

24 minutes ago, garfield said:

Sam I am.

I thought your comment was easy to understand. Sometimes proposals are meant to put ideas to rest. Raise your hand, go on the record if you want woodwinds. I guess you can always vote "Present".

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

So as an insider, you define the activity by how an outsider defines it. Ok.

It WAS unique. It will be unique no longer. Just another lame marching band circuit. Even the best lame marching bands are still lame.

It is not about the kids and hasn’t been for quite some time.

And I don’t care if I’m missed or not. One of John Wooden’s creeds is - be true to yourself. So you do you and I’ll do me. And as an added bonus I won’t call you short sighted as you did me. Peace. 

Yes as an insider you should view the activity by how the outsiders view it if you are wanting to better understand how to expand the pool of insiders. I suppose you are one of those people that angrily corrects people when they call a drum corp a band.

Of course its about the kids and the experience they have. Just because it has turned into a larger money maker for staff and designers doesn't mean the core of the activity being the kids/performers has somehow been compromised. Maybe stop being so cynical so you can actual enjoy life?

Sweet. I'd like to see it stay all brass but seeing that weeding out of the fanbase dead weight boomer fans is a feature not a bug I may change my mind. 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spatzzz said:

Of course its about the kids and the experience they have. Just because it has turned into a larger money maker for staff and designers doesn't mean the core of the activity being the kids/performers has somehow been compromised. Maybe stop being so cynical so you can actual enjoy life?

Sweet. I'd like to see it stay all brass but seeing that weeding out of the fanbase dead weight boomer fans is a feature not a bug I may change my mind. 😂

Dead weight?  Define that.  Now. 

It’s easy to be the big man while sniveling behind a nom de plume.

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spatzzz said:

Detect another name calling boomer hater, most likely has negative attitudes and feelings towards LGBT too. Well bye felicia! 

Edited by Poppycock
  • Haha 1

Ooh, bashing people who disagree with you by using the most current pejorative for old people.  Classy. 

Hey, people used to be offended on here when they were called dinosaurs by the more immature posters on here. 

We adopted it now, and call ourselves dinos as a badge of honor. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9617772

• Like 1

Just now, Lance said:

Ooh, bashing people who disagree with you by using the most current pejorative for old people.  Classy. 

Hey, people used to be offended on here when they were called dinosaurs by the more immature posters on here. 

We adopted it now, and call ourselves dinos as a badge of honor. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9617772

I’m not offended by the boomer part.  It’s the dead weight label that is pissing me off.