Email list of voting directors

26 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

Then one of them would have sponsored it. It's not sponsored, and the fact that Ms Black has no standing, under DCI's own rules, to propose anything should make it a short conversation.  Board members are supposed to be focused on the business end of DCI, not what color uniforms (or what instruments) the corps employ.

That she proposed it is enough for me to think as I do. Would a DCI board member do something like this on her own? I doubt it.

• Like 2

I'm fairly sure the conversation went something like this, "Yeah if we directors are named on the proposal, the backlash against our particular corps is gonna be super harsh.  Let's just have a board member front it and keep our names off it."

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

I'm fairly sure the conversation went something like this, "Yeah if we directors are named on the proposal, the backlash against our particular corps is gonna be super harsh.  Let's just have a board member front it and keep our names off it."

Except the directors still vote on it and you’ll know who voted how. So not sure it makes a difference. Not sure arguing the details of how the proposal was submitted or its wording gets us anywhere. The proposal could have read, “Woodwinds - yes or no” and the results would be the same. There will be a vote. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

Then one of them would have sponsored it. It's not sponsored, and the fact that Ms Black has no standing, under DCI's own rules, to propose anything should make it a short conversation.  Board members are supposed to be focused on the business end of DCI, not what color uniforms (or what instruments) the corps employ.

I believe you're misinterpreting what's required. 

You can believe what you want, but I believe you have this one messed up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Except the directors still vote on it and you’ll know who voted how. So not sure it makes a difference. Not sure arguing the details of how the proposal was submitted or its wording gets us anywhere. The proposal could have read, “Woodwinds - yes or no” and the results would be the same. There will be a vote. 

True enough but "who started it" and "who went along" will become an argument here.  

Of course that's a low bar, pretty much everything becomes an argument here.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

I am completely and 100% sure that this is not at all how it went.

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."

failed amp proposals had that same fake air of inevitability

amps got passed, and the corps that said they would never use them even if they got passed started using them in almost no time.  they are completely and unequivocally the norm now.   

amps were inevitable.

so are woodwinds, unfortunately.  

21 minutes ago, MikeD said:

That she proposed it is enough for me to think as I do. Would a DCI board member do something like this on her own? I doubt it.

And, if I may, not JUST a BoD member, but the Chairperson of the BoD.

"The higher you get on the totem pole the more your ### shows."

I don't think she's going to do something seemingly stupid without her personal counsel on board.

Edited by garfield
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

True enough but "who started it" and "who went along" will become an argument here.  

Of course that's a low bar, pretty much everything becomes an argument here.

That’s easy. Hop started it. He started everything  /s

• Haha 1