DCI Rules Congress Question

First - let me set the stage:

Remember back when they first started talking about amplification in the early 00's?  IDK if the main message board at the time was DCP or RAMD.  Anyway, it was at the same time the SF Renegades existed, & one of their directors, (drumlaw80) was at the meeting & provided an independent reporting of what actually went down in the discussion rooms.

OK - so there is historical precedent.  Now, is there anyone on DCP who can attend & provide a version of events that has not been filtered through the DCI publicity office?

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

First - let me set the stage:

Remember back when they first started talking about amplification in the early 00's?  IDK if the main message board at the time was DCP or RAMD.  Anyway, it was at the same time the SF Renegades existed, & one of their directors, (drumlaw80) was at the meeting & provided an independent reporting of what actually went down in the discussion rooms.

OK - so there is historical precedent.  Now, is there anyone on DCP who can attend & provide a version of events that has not been filtered through the DCI publicity office?

That would be great. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Well, you live closer to Indy than I do!

You have to be credentialed and pay.  $$ Jim could have went last year but he was afraid there wouldn’t be any room with all the egos. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

You have to be credentialed and pay.  $$ Jim could have went last year but he was afraid there wouldn’t be any room with all the egos. 

We could start a gofundme page.

Or just show up with protest signs.... (insert footage of 1968 Democratic Convention in Chicago)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

We could start a gofundme page.

Or just show up with protest signs.... (insert footage of 1968 Democratic Convention in Chicago)

They don’t care what we think.  It would be a waste of time and money. They’re  going to do what they’re going to do.   After some of what I’ve read, I’m starting to not care and just mining for humor in it.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

They don’t care what we think.  It would be a waste of time and money. They’re  going to do what they’re going to do.   After some of what I’ve read, I’m starting to not care and just mining for humor in it.  

I used to care until I realized that they're wearing pajamas, dancing and emoting from one formation to the next and jumping on boxes. There are very few shows that I enjoy now, so a clarinet isn't going to change that opinion much either way. Maybe it's an opportunity for a daring corps to go old school. They won't win, but being showered with donations is better than a medal.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

you don't get in without credentials

In other words, the way to get the dirt is to know who wants to share it.

• Thanks 1

Just now, N.E. Brigand said:

In other words, the way to get the dirt is to know who wants to share it.

On that subject more broadly: when you read in the press a report that "A person familiar with X's thinking says..." what that often means is that X has spoken with the reporter off the record, or has given a friend or close associate permission to do so on his or her behalf.

• Like 1