Sound Advice, w/Erik Kosman: 2020 DCI Audio Rules Change Proposals

Welcome to the newest series on Sketchbook titled, Sound Advice. Listen to Erik Kosman and me discuss all things related to audio as it pertains to music, pageantry, and production. 

In this episode, we discuss the 2020 DCI Rules Change Proposals that are audio related.

Edited by danielmontoyajr

This is really easy:

Would you say, Listen to I discuss all things related to audio,

or would you say, Listen to me discuss all things related to audio. 

Adding in Erik doesn’t change anything. So let’s listen to Erik and me discuss all things related to audio. 

Okay?  Thank you.

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

This is really easy:

Would you say, Listen to I discuss all things related to audio,

or would you say, Listen to me discuss all things related to audio. 

Adding in Erik doesn’t change anything. So let’s listen to Erik and me discuss all things related to audio. 

Okay?  Thank you.

Thank you for your service. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, danielmontoyajr said:

Thank you for your service. 

I’m sorry for being snippy but I just couldn’t take it anymore. It wasn’t you. You just happened to be the one who pushed me over the edge after reading this same mistake in many different places. 

Edited by HockeyDad

11 hours ago, hughesmr said:

Calling Yul Brynner...

FrayedIlliterateGalah-size_restricted.gi

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, danielmontoyajr said:

Welcome to the newest series on Sketchbook titled, Sound Advice. Listen to Erik Kosman and me discuss all things related to audio as it pertains to music, pageantry, and production. 

In this episode, we discuss the 2020 DCI Rules Change Proposals that are audio related.

Thank you for this, Following this Pod because from what I heard you know your stuff and have gotten some insight with the people within the Ranks.

Seeing as how Erik Represents my Corps, it interesting how he sees the current landscape.

Please keep sharing, some people are open to hearing point of views from the people working the activity right now. 

• Like 2

Pretty even take on the WW's by Erik,

If you're going to play it on a Synth why not have the real thing.

Also saying that he anticipates the top Groups will use WW's as they currently use Trombones and other special Flavor instruments.

While the lower groups can use the additional WW's to fill out their ranks.

HE also mentions a twist that hasn't been mentioned here in that Corps will seek those individuals that have a WW background but also play a Brass instrument and during certain sections of the show have them play the WW for the solo and return to their instrument for the rest of the show. To not have to sacrifice the numbers in the Guard, percussion and brass.

He says competitive Drum Corps is no longer an all-weather activity, and would negate any arguments that WW don't belong outside. "We can't hear WW's"  " I'm going to Mic them all"

He also says that in the Bluecoats Criminal Show The Design staff was thinking of having someone play a Flute Solo to emphasis the "Criminal" aspect of the show.

Good POD. 

Edited by Glenn426
  • Like 4