Thank You Directors

1 hour ago, Fred Windish said:

As each of you travel back home, I want to express my gratitude for your restraint, and decision not to approve the latest proposal to include marching woodwinds at this time.  

As I see it, Drum Corps International has seen too many fundamental changes, too fast.  Recent changes to amplification, movement, uniforms, set pieces, and judging have placed more than enough on your plate for the time being. Add in concerns over funding, housing, performance rights, broadcast quality and reach, etc. Frankly, each of these items still need work. Particularly the amplification matter !

Better to fine tune/conquer matters already in hand.

Now is a time for focus, stability, and calm. Much appreciated.

Ditto!

• Like 2

I would be even happier if a rule was put into place to forever ban them and preserve the basic core activity, but I’m ecstatic none the less. Thank you directors. 

P.S. Woodwinds can always create a series with no brass to make those brass players jealous. 

Edited by Dream Theater
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

As each of you travel back home, I want to express my gratitude for your restraint, and decision not to approve the latest proposal to include marching woodwinds at this time.  

As I see it, Drum Corps International has seen too many fundamental changes, too fast.  Recent changes to amplification, movement, uniforms, set pieces, and judging have placed more than enough on your plate for the time being. Add in concerns over funding, housing, performance rights, broadcast quality and reach, etc. Frankly, each of these items still need work. Particularly the amplification matter !

Better to fine tune/conquer matters already in hand.

Now is a time for focus, stability, and calm. Much appreciated.

AMEN!!!  Thank you, Directors!!!

(btw, after this NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE amplification, mega pits, trombones, props, over production, emoting, et. all. don't seem so bad anymore)

• Haha 2

Now might be a good time to email them directly with thanks, using the list of addresses provided here:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

AMEN!!!  Thank you, Directors!!!

(btw, after this NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE amplification, mega pits, trombones, props, over production, emoting, et. all. don't seem so bad anymore)

In fact, NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCES are often an opportunity to take stock on where you went wrong, such as with amplification, mega pits, trombones, props, over production, emoting, prancing show choirs, et. al. Retailers of laser lights and theatrical foggers are no doubt disappointed that the next logical step won't be taken just yet. All those lost sales - oh, the humanity!

Yes, thank you for propping up, at least for a little bit longer, the wall between drum corps and marching bland.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Well said, Fred!!!