Netflix "Cheer!" is what "Clash of the Corps" Should Have Been

On 2/4/2020 at 6:35 AM, JimF-LowBari said:

Could Varsity make money by YEA and/or its pieces continuing to exist? Not talking about what money YEA would create on its own but outside of it. Off top of my head using the corps (that it now owns) as publicity. Or to the extreme if a corps disbanding would hurt the for profit (best customer perhaps) could the for profit take over to protect itself? 

I believe what some have mentioned elsewhere could be their legal way to do it, if they find it's worth their while. Varsity could become a major sponsor of USBands - providing them with some level of operational funding and support.  As long as no money goes directly from USB back to Varsity it would be perfectly legal,  Varsity could then find numerous ways to monetize their brands around USB events - selling items and merchandise just like Stanbury, which they just bought.  

So yes, they can certainly make money off of USBands continuing to exist, and could spend as much of their money as they are willing to help it exist.  They just can own it or run it for profit. 

On 2/7/2020 at 6:28 PM, garfield said:

"Cheer meets Drumline Battle"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7978885/Cheer-team-suspended-rest-year-getting-brawl-squad.html#v-1284775270735984595

EDIT: If someone can figure a way to post the vid, please do.

Hmmm.... Alton, IL...I remember a show used to be held there in the 70's....it was an interesting place back then...

• 4 years later...

Just scanned this thread, so I probably missed some things.

COTC was so bad no one wanted to submit a synopsis of the show on IMDB . The one posted there is mine.

I was really disappointed they couldn't use any of the music the corps were playing. I seem to recall a snippet or two (from other corps) during the Finals episode. That killed it for me.

That is all.

• Like 1