Mic limit proposal - what happened?

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Hmmm thinking about SCV?  Help me out here. 

yup. battery leading into the first big push in the main Phantom theme

27 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

yup. battery leading into the first big push in the main Phantom theme

Well I’ll have to go listen again. It never struck me as a problem. Then again neither did that cymbal thing in PR ‘89 that everyone says was so awful. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Well I’ll have to go listen again. It never struck me as a problem. Then again neither did that cymbal thing in PR ‘89 that everyone says was so awful. 

Can I just ask you to identify which drum corps you're referencing here?  I've gone back four pages and 8 quotes you all are yapping about and can't find a single one that names the corp you're talking about.

This all started with my "Random Drawing Finals" comment.  What corps are you talking about?  "88 SCV?

Edited by garfield

56 minutes ago, garfield said:

Can I just ask you to identify which drum corps you're referencing here?  I've gone back four pages and 8 quotes you all are yapping about and can't find a single one that names the corp you're talking about.

This all started with my "Random Drawing Finals" comment.  What corps are you talking about?  "88 SCV?

Yes and Ream says the battery before the first big push is bad. Something about 16th notes.

4 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Yes and Ream says the battery before the first big push is bad. Something about 16th notes.

OHHHHH!  I know where he's talking about.  Muddy as crap!  But so what?  That lead in push could have been just mash noise crescendo and it would have been effective.

Eh... That's surely not the reason that title was stolen from them that night.  

I believe Gale.

:ph34r:

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

Yes, go listen to the battery on beats 3 and 4 preceding the big theme hit.  You can't miss is but, oooooohhh, that thing still brings chills.

25 minutes ago, garfield said:

OHHHHH!  I know where he's talking about.  Muddy as crap!  But so what?  That lead in push could have been just mash noise crescendo and it would have been effective.

Eh... That's surely not the reason that title was stolen from them that night.  

I believe Gale.

:ph34r:

Because Malagueña?  Or something like - well they did play Malagueña. Said with a sneer haha

Ming the Merciless. I miss him. 

Edited by HockeyDad

8 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

cymbals was fine...it was when they hit the drum in between hitting the cymbals

14 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i'm not in favor of them. i'm telling you the reality of how it works. don't believe me listen to Crown last year and notice the huge volume changes in spots...it aint all brass dynamics

Crown will be more than happy to return to acoustic brass lines.  They need no help with volume or tone quality.   (Note sure where I said anything about Crown but w/e).   

And this fantasy that “sound reinforcement” is required for 80 brass instruments is amusing but so ridiculous on its face that I can’t believe otherwise sane persons continue to post it. 

This is entirely about “we are broadway performance ensembles on a field”.   So long as everyone tells themselves this we’ll all eventually believe it, right?  :doh: