Mic limit proposal - what happened?

On 1/16/2020 at 9:50 AM, Glenn426 said:

Find me a professional musician (brass player) that plays acoustically to large crowds and I'll show you a broke musician.

May I suggest:

Lead & section Players in Big Bands. 

Principal & Section Players in Symphony Orchestras.

My good friend is a touring Lead Player & Broadway Pit Orchestra musician, MANY large crowds. Most would not consider his acoustically-earned six figure salary to be in the "broke" category.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/15/2020 at 5:41 PM, TwoValves said:

Love the irony that the same crowd who gets all moist reminiscing about "getting my face melted off" by brash, loud G Bugle lines are now deeply concerned about hearing damage for everyone because of the volume.  

Natural acoustic sound is fine. Amplification with its unnatural, distorted sound and is what destroys hearing. I've always felt that drum corps contests should be about wind and muscle, not electrons. Don't we get enough electrons from everything else? The loss of bugles was a shame, but the irresponsible decibel arms race is just unhealthy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

how is there irony in people reminiscing about loud acoustic brass, but not wanting "wergleoooooooozzzzzzzhrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmm" blasted through a mic at the same or greater volume?

i think that shows a lack of understanding of the word "irony".  

is this one of those things like tweens calling anybody of any age over 20 who doesn't agree with them "boomer" even though boomers are in their 70s, or constantly using "literally" to mean "figuratively"?  

what's the world coming to, lol?

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Lance said:

how is there irony in people reminiscing about loud acoustic brass, but not wanting "wergleoooooooozzzzzzzhrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmm" blasted through a mic at the same or greater volume?

is this one of those things like tweens calling anybody of any age over 20 who doesn't agree with them "boomer" even though boomers are in their 70s, or constantly using "literally" to mean "figuratively"?  

I’m a boomer.  I’m 62.  

Which Generation are You?

Generation Name Births
Start
Births
End
Youngest
Age Today*
Oldest Age
Today*
The Lost Generation
The Generation of 1914
1890 1915 105 130
The Interbellum Generation 1901 1913 107 119
The Greatest Generation 1910 1924 96 110
The Silent Generation 1925 1945 75 95
Baby Boomer Generation 1946 1964 56 74
Generation X (Baby Bust) 1965 1979 41 55
Xennials 1975 1985 35 45
Millennials
Generation Y, Gen Next
1980 1994 26 40
iGen / Gen Z 1995 2012 8  25
Gen Alpha 2013 2025 1 7
  • Like 1

Geez no wonder my sister and I are so different... I’m a boomer and she’s GenX.

Always thought it was that 9 year age difference lol...

And Silent Generation? Not when mom was po’ed at us... 🤬

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Lance said:

Good God, you're old.  lol  :dancin:

It is usually children, or people who act like children, who call adults boomers.  Nuff said.

I'd rather be the adult than the child, thankyouverymuch.

Edited by garfield

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Geez no wonder my sister and I are so different... I’m a boomer and she’s GenX.

Always thought it was that 9 year age difference lol...

And Silent Generation? Not when mom was po’ed at us... 🤬

My sister is a Gen X, too.  We also were born one years apart. 

• Like 1

i'm 43, and have always thought of myself as gen x/y because Xennial sounds stupid. 

we're an interesting group because we had roughly equal amounts of our life with and without the internet.  i was part of the last class at my school that learned to type on an actual typewriter, too. that was my senior year of high school when not everybody even needed to know how to type because again, no internet.   

also, i like loud acoustic brass, but i don't like mic'd up amp cheese. okay boomer.  

Edited by Lance
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2