Mic limit proposal - what happened?

70 to 80 talented, well-trained brass players in a given top DCI corps.

No need for sideline-microphone "volume enhancement."  My opinion, at least. Worth less than two cents, adjusted for inflation. LOL

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

70 to 80 talented, well-trained brass players in a given top DCI corps.

No need for sideline-microphone "volume enhancement."  My opinion, at least. Worth less than two cents, adjusted for inflation. LOL

Thinking of someone in the stands.. “WOW... oh wait that was the amps being turned to 11”...

(because 11 is a bigger number than 10 lol)

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

The doc said I have eustacian tube dysfunction at my annual physical last month. Thus, the earasers.  

I had steroid shots THRU my left ear drum because my ear canal felt closed up. Didn’t work and still have hearing loss in some frequencies. My NEW ear doc at Hershey Med/Penn State gave me a wtf look and asked why the shots. She checked and nothing looks wrong. She thinks I have something that it just feels swollen. 

Plus the hearing aid I got at the previous doctor is a POS and was never properly fitted. Getting to hate private practice docs and loving training hospitals (Hershey Med/Johns Hopkins) more and more

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, karuna said:

wait WHAT?  There's no reason to amplify the full ensemble and shotgun mics are pretty easy to see!  

This sounds like someone's shoveling some very deep manure!  

just because a mic is there doesn't mean its always on.

4 hours ago, gak27 said:

Did not know the highlighted part...Up to 3 obviously isn't enough, given the number of times MANY corps can't get the sound right... 🙄

They could, you know, NOT permit these "in the stands" folks to make any "on the go" adjustments - use one of their set up minutes to do a sound check then shut them down.  While we're at it (and this argument has been made by several on here), during the show, an "of marching age" member should be the one running the field board...

Also an advocate of disallowing shotgun mics and large-scale individual micing (no, don't have a top limit in mind)...

when has dci ever gone back on a rule when changed?

once when they took away the penalty for singing in the 80's

13 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

when has dci ever gone back on a rule when changed?

once when they took away the penalty for singing in the 80's

Sounds like they could use some help in "expanding their creative limits"  🙂

Just now, George Dixon said:

I’m really tired of mic soloist- it’s like non stop on some of the programs now with ensemble playing at 6 min. It’s a snooze fest 

sadly it's probably going to take threat of legal action for hearing loss to force change

• Like 2