2022 Wish

Big Anniversary and would like to see corps go Throwback for that year! Play music corps played back then and wear old style uni's. Just for that year! No amps, no mic's and no dancing just Marching, Brass, and Percussion! It's a wish!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KeithHall said:

Big Anniversary and would like to see corps go Throwback for that year! Play music corps played back then and wear old style uni's. Just for that year! No amps, no mic's and no dancing just Marching, Brass, and Percussion! It's a wish!

Would be an interesting year KH, but most corps celebrating an anniversary don't do an old style show.  This idea might have to be voted in by the directors next January.  Any corps finishing 2nd and lower could probably kiss a higher placement goodbye if they did this next year on their own.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KeithHall said:

There has been dancing in drum corps for DECADES. When people say stuff like that it makes me wonder if they have in fact ever even seen a drum corps.

• Like 3

I've heard talk about 2022 proposals.  There are loads of suggestions out there that the committees will be exploring. 

Stuff I liked:

Pistol start

Pistol stop at about 10 minutes and judging stops ... then all heck can break loose for another 90 seconds.

1 throwback piece of music

I'm down with the traditional uniform

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Spatzzz said:

There has been dancing in drum corps for DECADES. When people say stuff like that it makes me wonder if they have in fact ever even seen a drum corps.

Bottle dance here, the “stripper” there.... and. ?????? Yeah really wide spread dancing lol. 🙄

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Spatzzz said:

There has been dancing for decades, but not to the scope and scale there is today.  Especially color guards.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KeithHall said:

I'm with you Keith!  Bring back cadets, English riding boots, and knee length skirts on the color guard for a year.

........and cleanly caught rifle tosses.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, greg_orangecounty said:

........and cleanly caught rifle tosses.  

Without spending some enjoyable time watching several of the older shows (thanks Brian Smith),  I don't think many of the guards tossed 7's.  Never mind what else the guard mm are also doing while tossing currently.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Without spending some enjoyable time watching several of the older shows (thanks Brian Smith),  I don't think many of the guards tossed 7's.  Never mind what else the guard mm are also doing while tossing currently.

When I was paying attention triples were about it, but they all came down at the exact same second like a clean snare line - CLICK.  Guards today throw way higher, but the catches are not very clean in my opinion.  I’d rather see a perfectly executed triple than a sloppy 7 and perfectly executed ballerina move.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2