2022 Wish

2 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

I'll agree to disagree here.

My list:

1) Anything by REO Speedwagon

2 through 1,000) Any other bad tunes

:laughing:

Let me guess. You once had a bad breakup and when you hear a REO Speedwagon song it triggers your memory.  Maybe the old girlfriend particularly liked REO Speedwagon, or it was playing when she broke up with you. 

Oh wait. That’s me. 

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

I'll agree to disagree here.

My list:

1) Anything by REO Speedwagon

2 through 1,000) Any other bad tunes

:laughing:

Agree especially growing up in the mid 70s right Fran....  Lotta  choices 🤮

Mmmmm how about a corps show of crappy tunes done right? 1975 Hurricanes playing songs I couldn’t stand but 50 or so horns cranking it out made it enjoyable...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

We're going to have to disagree on that (for example, where does Yoko Ono fit in).  

Used to a talk show hosted by Mike Douglas, on late afternoons. Once he had John Lennon and Yoko Ono as musical guests with their band. As they started to sing, this awful caterwauling came out of Yoko's mic. About 10-15 seconds into the piece, they obviously turned off her mic, as the sounds stopped, though her lips kept moving.   😎 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Agree especially growing up in the mid 70s right Fran....  Lotta  choices 🤮

Mmmmm how about a corps show of crappy tunes done right? 1975 Hurricanes playing songs I couldn’t stand but 50 or so horns cranking it out made it enjoyable...

Back in the 70's when Mangione was all the rage in drum corps, I arranged "Feels So Good" for my band when I was a band director. It was part of our field show, after the opener pf "Crown Imperial" and prior to our concert number of "Bohemian Rhapsody". The first few times we played it was fine. By the end of band camp, I hated that tune so much. For me, the absolute lamest Mangione tune ever, esp having to hear it hundreds of times through the fall of 77.

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Back in the 70's when Mangione was all the rage in drum corps, I arranged "Feels So Good" for my band when I was a band director. It was part of our field show, after the opener pf "Crown Imperial" and prior to our concert number of "Bohemian Rhapsody". The first few times we played it was fine. By the end of band camp, I hated that tune so much. For me, the absolute lamest Mangione tune ever, esp having to hear it hundreds of times through the fall of 77.

Yes but Crown Imperial. Yum. 🥰

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

Let me guess. You once had a bad breakup and when you hear a REO Speedwagon song it triggers your memory.  Maybe the old girlfriend particularly liked REO Speedwagon, or it was playing when she broke up with you. 

Oh wait. That’s me. 

I heard that he heard it from a friend, who, heard it from a friend ,who, heard it from another she was messing around.

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Mangione period was overkill

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

LMAO when in college the local town radio station played top 40 and played Feels So Good when it was on the charts. Since the college had a large music program every time the shorter version of FSG would play students would call in to complain. DJ must have had it one night as I heard “OK you keep calling in so here is the LONG version on FSG.” It was not in a nice tone of voice...

FYI long version was album version, single was the short one

can still hear the stations ID “WDAD... the radio station..” and we would say “you’re a radio station. ? No ####”

Edited by JimF-LowBari

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Oh wait. That’s me. 

LOL!!!

In 2014 when my niece (and goddaughter) got married, she called me out to the dance floor for a "special song" for us to dance to.

World-class chop-buster that she is... it was an REO Speedwagon tune. :tongue:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

LOL!!!

In 2014 when my niece (and goddaughter) got married, she called me out to the dance floor for a "special song" for us to dance to.

World-class chop-buster that she is... it was an REO Speedwagon tune. :tongue:

Did you jitter-bug to 157 Riverside Avenue?  🤣

• Haha 1