2022 Wish

23 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I’m from Noo Joisey, don’t touch me...

Had that at my sisters last band competition in the 80s. Band parent from our HS sitting in front of me gave me hades for yelling for a corpsmate in between show “you should cheer when OUR band comes on”.

Later I got back when drum tech from another band was looking for a seat during his bands performance. Another  corps mate so I had him sit next to me. Man did I get the look of death from the band mom in front of me. Funniest part was #1 he didn’t know there was a problem and #2 it was Jeff’s dad

dad always causes problems at band shows. true story.....i'm judging an indoor show, and he sits right next to the roped off section. Chuck Saia ia the chief so you know write fast, talk fast, he wants to get the show over. so a group finishes, jot down score, quick notes,new tape in hit record and start intro....to my right comes "Jesus they were dirty as hell!!!"

hit stop, rewind, "dad i'm working here...."...restart intro.

only Wally

• Haha 3

On 1/22/2020 at 1:11 PM, Continental said:

This is the only clip I could find of Carmine Appice on that broadcast.

Since it would now be the ghost of Carmine, people would probably actually tune in to watch it. I mean if 2+ million people tune in to watch ghost adventures, surely some folks would wanna see the ghost of Carmine?!?!

On 1/23/2020 at 9:19 AM, HockeyDad said:

Freebird. The worst song in the history of the world. Okay actually that’s Muskrat Love. But Freebird has to be a close second. 

Though I would definitely put either of those in my "most annoying songs ever," I still have to go with The Roches - Big Nothin' as the worst. The 80's produced so many things....horrible, terrible things....

On 1/23/2020 at 10:47 AM, HockeyDad said:

Let me guess. You once had a bad breakup and when you hear a REO Speedwagon song it triggers your memory.  Maybe the old girlfriend particularly liked REO Speedwagon, or it was playing when she broke up with you. 

Oh wait. That’s me.

I think most of my bad breakups were to Chicago songs oddly enough. Curse your nasally, silky smooth voice Peter Cetara! There might just have been one to Berlins' "Take my breath away" (extended version from the Top Gun soundtrack which lasted like 8+ minutes) and possibly something from the Miami Vice Soundtrack....

On 1/23/2020 at 11:44 AM, MikeD said:

Back in the 70's when Mangione was all the rage in drum corps, I arranged "Feels So Good" for my band when I was a band director. It was part of our field show, after the opener pf "Crown Imperial" and prior to our concert number of "Bohemian Rhapsody". The first few times we played it was fine. By the end of band camp, I hated that tune so much. For me, the absolute lamest Mangione tune ever, esp having to hear it hundreds of times through the fall of 77.

We did it in high school in maybe 1984 or 1985....I love the tune but I what do you do as a drummer during Feels so Good?!?! Oh yeah....ride cymbal....now I remember - yawn -

Now it's in my head though Mike....

Duuuummmm Duuuummmm Dum...Dum Dum Du Dum...Du Dum Dum Du Dum

• Haha 1

How about one or two mass songs at retreat? That, I would be thrilled to see and hear. 

• Like 1

On 1/23/2020 at 6:41 PM, JimF-LowBari said:

Thinking of first few shows my wife went to. Only questions I got were “did you compete against them?” and “how did you do?” Then when the crowd would go nuts I would get the “what’s going on” look. 
 So I can relate to those newbie parents

Britts' first show was similar questions LOL. Those and commentary on 1. Jackets in the summer, 2. Confusing drummer terminology, 3. 'Souvies," 4. A question about the term "Throwing Babies" and 5. A brilliant (if not somewhat alcohol fueled) rant on "why would you have big prop 'thingies' if you aren't going to do anything with them?" 

Not bad for a first timer...

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Since it would now be the ghost of Carmine, people would probably actually tune in to watch it. I mean if 2+ million people tune in to watch ghost adventures, surely some folks would wanna see the ghost of Carmine?!?!

What do you mean "ghost" of Carmine?  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Continental said:

What do you mean "ghost" of Carmine?  

Why did I think Appice died recently? I could swear I even heard it on NPR. I could very much be mistaken though. 

EDIT: Just double checked it...it was a hoax. So my apologies LOL. 

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever