Who's Your Godfather?

On 2/7/2020 at 12:30 AM, ironlips said:

Oh, that's a good one.

Care to elaborate?

Those were the two corps that I heard hooked up with Skokie to vault them into top flight in 65 ... the aforementioned Viscounts lasted through 67

1 hour ago, ajlisko said:

Those were the two corps that I heard hooked up with Skokie to vault them into top flight in 65 ... the aforementioned Viscounts lasted through 67

From the DCX web site, quoting the c. 1966 Encyclopedia of Drum and Bugle Corps, edited by David Ross-Robertson and A.P. Samuels:

" The Chicago Spartans, formed in 1964 from a merger of the Morton Grove Cougars and St. Michael's Chi-Angels, was a junior marching and maneuvering corps based in Morton Grove, Illinois. They were sponsored by the Morton Grove American Legion Post 134, Forest Park VFW Post 7181, St. Michael Parish of Chicago, and the Catholic War Veterans of Chicago. The corps’ colors were red, black, and white.

After the corps’ disbandment in 1965, many members migrated to the Chicago Royal Airs.

[Encyclopedia of Drum and Bugle Corps, 1966]"

It looks like the Royal Airs may have been the main beneficiaries in this process.

So it looks like it was the Royal Airs who my have benefited most

2 hours ago, ironlips said:

From the DCX web site, quoting the c. 1966 Encyclopedia of Drum and Bugle Corps, edited by David Ross-Robertson and A.P. Samuels:

" The Chicago Spartans, formed in 1964 from a merger of the Morton Grove Cougars and St. Michael's Chi-Angels, was a junior marching and maneuvering corps based in Morton Grove, Illinois. They were sponsored by the Morton Grove American Legion Post 134, Forest Park VFW Post 7181, St. Michael Parish of Chicago, and the Catholic War Veterans of Chicago. The corps’ colors were red, black, and white.

After the corps’ disbandment in 1965, many members migrated to the Chicago Royal Airs.

[Encyclopedia of Drum and Bugle Corps, 1966]"

It looks like the Royal Airs may have been the main beneficiaries in this process.

So it looks like it was the Royal Airs who my have benefited most

The more I read, the more I learn

20 hours ago, ajlisko said:

The more I read, the more I learn

"Chi Angels"

I stand corrected!!!!!!!!!

Great detective work.    :guinesssmilie:

Elphaba