Not Exactly Drum Corps

2 hours ago, garfield said:

Won't watch it. 

Go Bucs!

O H!

Really Garfield, after all these years, you can’t let me have this one little moment?  Buckeyes really are useless nuts. Go Blue!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, garfield said:

Right down the road!

I lie to people and tell them that Hillsdale, MI is actually 10 miles on THIS side of the Ohio/Michigan line.

On your trips up there, have you ever paused to stand on the spot where Ohio, Michigan, and Indiana all touch?

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

And I raise you the four corners of AZ, CO, NM, & UT.

Indeed. But not exactly convenient for the trip from Columbus to Hillsdale.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

The times I've seen Michigan's band in person (usually losing to USC in Rosebowls 🤣) they seemed like a class organization.  This story confirms it.  

When your team gets home cooking like this touchdown call (you can see Charles White fumbled on about the 2 yard line) you’ll win most times. However we’ll always have the 1989 Rose Bowl. 
11450692-4_display_image.jpg?1345143999

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

When your team gets home cooking like this touchdown call (you can see Charles White fumbled on about the 2 yard line) you’ll win most times. However we’ll always have the 1989 Rose Bowl. 
11450692-4_display_image.jpg?1345143999

Yes, of course.  It's ALWAYS the judges, err, Referee's problem.  "He HATES us and gives the other corps touchdowns they don't deserve!"

BTW, their band sucks, too.  Just in case there's any doubt about my position.  🙂   /s

59 minutes ago, garfield said:

Yes, of course.  It's ALWAYS the judges, err, Referee's problem.  "He HATES us and gives the other corps touchdowns they don't deserve!"

BTW, their band sucks, too.  Just in case there's any doubt about my position.  🙂   /s

You’re referring to USC’s band I presume?  Man, I would think a man of your advanced age would have adopted a more nuanced approach to life and learned to appreciate that all groups bring to the table things you can enjoy. Heck, all my kids attended UW (Madison), all played in the marching band, all marched in at least one Rose Parade, all played in at least one Rose Bowl. That’s pretty special. And it wouldn’t have happened had they attended my alma mater haha. I appreciate and enjoy the Wisconsin band, while at the same time acknowledging it's not everyone’s cup of tea. That “stop at the top” marching they do sacrifices tone quality for sure, but enhances the visual. 

And that WAS a fumble dang nab it

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

You’re referring to USC’s band I presume?  Man, I would think a man of your advanced age would have adopted a more nuanced approach to life and learned to appreciate that all groups bring to the table things you can enjoy. Heck, all my kids attended UW (Madison), all played in the marching band, all marched in at least one Rose Parade, all played in at least one Rose Bowl. That’s pretty special. And it wouldn’t have happened had they attended my alma mater haha. I appreciate and enjoy the Wisconsin band, while at the same time acknowledging it's not everyone’s cup of tea. That “stop at the top” marching they do sacrifices tone quality for sure, but enhances the visual. 

And that WAS a fumble dang nab it

I don't have nearly the disdain for U of W that I do for U of that other place.  But my fondness of U of W is the direct result of my spending time in their stadium watching drum corps, not because of their music program.

I'm thankful that your kids had a wonderful experience and I trust that, despite their substandard educations, you've raised them into a sufficient retirement plan.  🙂