Not Exactly Drum Corps

7 minutes ago, garfield said:

I don't have nearly the disdain for U of W that I do for U of that other place.  But my fondness of U of W is the direct result of my spending time in their stadium watching drum corps, not because of their music program.

I'm thankful that your kids had a wonderful experience and I trust that, despite their substandard educations, you've raised them into a sufficient retirement plan.  🙂 

Haha substandard education. As the only non-Badger in my house, I chuckled at that (but don’t tell them!). Yes, my daughters already have been told that after the money runs out we’re moving in with them. Our boys are slobs. I’d rather not live with them. 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Haha substandard education. As the only non-Badger in my house, I chuckled at that (but don’t tell them!). Yes, my daughters already have been told that after the money runs out we’re moving in with them. Our boys are slobs. I’d rather not live with them. 

When you visit look at one of the nicer rooms and say “yeah my stuff will look real good here”. 😛

Worked with a guy whose daughter and son in law moved in while their house was being remodeled. Someone said “Isn’t that nice”. Immediate answer was NO!

25 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

A wonderful guffaw came as I read that.  Glad you have a sense of humor (that's a Midwestern trait we both inherited, I'd bet).

48 minutes ago, garfield said:

A wonderful guffaw came as I read that.  Glad you have a sense of humor (that's a Midwestern trait we both inherited, I'd bet).

Yup. Long winters tend to give one perspective. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

When your team gets home cooking like this touchdown call (you can see Charles White fumbled on about the 2 yard line) you’ll win most times. However we’ll always have the 1989 Rose Bowl. 
11450692-4_display_image.jpg?1345143999

Whoa Nelly!!  Just wait a minute there.

I was at that game (albeit very drunk) and sat in the student section .  Although we couldn't see the ball come out at the time it was a "fumble."  That's why the PAC 10 ref placed the ball on the 1 yard line, signaled a change of possession & Meatchicken first down.  BUT the line Big 10 line judge waived it off and signaled a touchdown.

And if it's of any consolation Charles White admitted it was indeed a fumble - but don't blame us....😆

11 hours ago, garfield said:

BTW, their band sucks, too.  Just in case there's any doubt about my position.  🙂   /s

Excuse me?  I don't think so, but haters gonna.....

https://abc7.com/education/usc-marching-band-named-best-in-college-football/363830/

How many Grammys do OSU or Michigan's band have?  

5 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Excuse me?  I don't think so, but haters gonna.....

https://abc7.com/education/usc-marching-band-named-best-in-college-football/363830/

How many Grammys do OSU or Michigan's band have?  

On a slight tangent, my son called me today on the way to RCC rehearsal as they have another upcoming gig where they’re going to be filmed for some TV show other. This is part of the band comprised of their most experienced members, most of whom are current OC/WC performers. 

Quick question for Greg-OC....nice avatar! I marched with some KM alumni at OHS back in the late 70’s just after OHS won MBA with screamer trumpet J.Hester who went on to BD. Did you happen to march with KAC 2005-2007 Pasadena? 

6 hours ago, garfield said:

I was actually talking about U of M's band.  But, ok, pile on!

Yes. Making stick figures just like they did back in the 1950s, and calling themselves innovative. That’s your self-proclaimed best band in the land. 

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Yes. Making stick figures just like they did back in the 1950s, and calling themselves innovative. That’s your self-proclaimed best band in the land. 

Yea, but today's stick figures are created with iPads!  They didn't have THOSE in the 1950s!  (Nor trombones, nor women, nor flat snares but who's keeping track?)

You're saying iPads are not innovative??

/s