Looks like a moderate Madison infusion into Rosemont

Madison has had a difficult time retaining vets for a few years now. Cavies was a destination corps for many years, lost that status a bit around 2012 or so, but around 2016 earned that status once again. Maybe it’s the brotherhood/all male atmosphere of Cavies that has attracted former Madison Scouts, but I would wonder if four years of top six placements, with each year being rather competitive, has more to do with it than anything else.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Or, sadly, it is probably the case in recent years that Madison has become a feeder corps for the top nine.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, jeffmolnar said:

What’s notable about this? Guys have been going from Madison to Cavies just about every single year. For decades now.

Yes. I realize this. I’ve toured with the Cavaliers as a volunteer and have gotten to know a lot of the guys pretty well. 

That said, in a 76-member brass line, unless I’m reading the tea leaves ( new parents posts) 5-6 came from Madison this year. That’s not counting percussion or guard. 

Seemed a little high for a single year. 

22 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

From watching posts after the last camps/contracts...it looks like the Cavaliers have had several members from the Madison Scouts audition and earn contracts. I had a feeling that this might happen. And don't mean anything more than that....I had a feeling that this might happen. 

I'm curious... exactly what did you think would happen, and please be succinct.  If there's a message you're trying to bring with an insinuation, please just say it so we can discuss.

I'm not attacking.  But your OP has a message greater than "normal" transfer rates - what is that message?

1 hour ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Yes. I realize this. I’ve toured with the Cavaliers as a volunteer and have gotten to know a lot of the guys pretty well. 

That said, in a 76-member brass line, unless I’m reading the tea leaves ( new parents posts) 5-6 came from Madison this year. That’s not counting percussion or guard. 

Seemed a little high for a single year. 

Here again, do you have an explanation for why it might be a little high transfer rate?

I'm not trying to argue but I also don't want to put words in your post you didn't mean or intend.

13 minutes ago, garfield said:

Here again, do you have an explanation for why it might be a little high transfer rate?

I'm not trying to argue but I also don't want to put words in your post you didn't mean or intend.

Last year when the announcement was made that Madison was going co-ed, there was a discussion either here or on FB that Madison members might move at a higher rate to the only all male corps left. 

I think by seeing the actual numbers that is happening. 

As a long time DCI fan I feel like Madison made a mistake. 

And only time will bear that out. And I hope I’m wrong. I’ve been a Madison fan since I was 12 years old ( 1975). Still watch that show once or twice per year. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Last year when the announcement was made that Madison was going co-ed, there was a discussion either here or on FB that Madison members might move at a higher rate to the only all male corps left. 

This is the issue you were trying to highlight, am I right?

Discuss.