Looks like a moderate Madison infusion into Rosemont

2 hours ago, dbc03 said:

I don't put all male drum corps on the same level as those things, but it is still discriminatory and wrong in my opinion. 

I know I was discriminated & oppressed while in Drum Corps.  I wanted to be a RIFLE, I was good (still am), but they wouldn't let me because I wasn't female.  

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

I can't believe you just compared all male drum corps to a white nationalist group. Read up on Harvard and it's (losing) court battles with single-sex clubs and organizations if you want to learn more about what is and isn't considered "discriminatory" 

You know very well that I wasn't equating male only drum corps with white nationalist groups because you read the second part of my post. They were specifically called out as extreme examples because your argument that all male drum corps are fine because people want them is flawed.

1 minute ago, greg_orangecounty said:

I know I was discriminated & oppressed while in Drum Corps.  I wanted to be a RIFLE, I was good (still am), but they wouldn't let me because I wasn't female.  

For what it is worth I think you should have been allowed to be a rifle too

4 hours ago, dbc03 said:

If a corps explicitly excluded LGBTQ people would you support that? Why or why not?

No, but you also have the right to choose which corps you support just like they have the right to include or exclude who they want. Since you want to take it there, why even exclude anybody? Lets just allow every single player onto the field who auditions for each corps. But wait, DCI has it's own set of rules against that, just like each corps had their own set of rules...see where this is headed?

All of this narrows down to what I said that started this whole mess. 

If there were still all female corps nobody would care about there still being all male corps. 

If I ever win the lottery I'm going to fund an all female corps to put this theory to the test. That's if DCI still exists at that point, because we all know it's demise is spelled out almost every year.

But wait...will that be okay because I'm a male? Want to be sure that I'm being completely PC here.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dbc03 said:

There isn't a long history of systematic oppression of men perpetuated by female-exclusive groups, so the two aren't comparable.

So what all male corps oppressed women?

6 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

No but if women had their own corps that men weren't allowed in nobody would say anything because they would have a "safe space" from men. It's simple as that. Nobody is talking oppression. You don't have sororities allowing men in do you? Or fraternities allowing women in. It's the same thing and anyone who says otherwise is in denial. Nobody here can help that there aren't any all female corps still alive and well, but if there were Madison may not have felt the need/pressure to make the move in this PC world we live in. Which I believe has gone too far, and no it's not because of Madison. 

Agreed. No women cried foul last summer when Crossmen told veteran guard members to go elsewhere so they could have an all female guard 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

I can't believe you just compared all male drum corps to a white nationalist group. Read up on Harvard and it's (losing) court battles with single-sex clubs and organizations if you want to learn more about what is and isn't considered "discriminatory" 

You built the place nothing should surprise you

10 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

No, but you also have the right to choose which corps you support just like they have the right to include or exclude who they want. Since you want to take it there, why even exclude anybody? Lets just allow every single player onto the field who auditions for each corps. But wait, DCI has it's own set of rules against that, just like each corps had their own set of rules...see where this is headed?

Careful, that's quite a slippery slope you've got there, don't want to fall. "Bad trumpet player" isn't a class of people that has been systematically discriminated against in our society, so I have no problem excluding bad trumpet players from drum corps.

6 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

All of this narrows down to what I said that started this whole mess. 

If there were still all female corps nobody would care about there still being all male corps. 

This is just not true, people will still care.