>"< Troopers 2020

1 hour ago, FaustianMachine said:

I know the Sigur Ros won't be "The Rains of Castamere" but I wouldn't be disappointed if it was "The Rains of Castamere." 

So, you're hoping for a Wedding themed show?

• Haha 2

WTF?

Seriously?

“Here are a bunch of composer names. Join us and we’ll tell you more.”

That’s the pitch to attract the cuts and the couch-sitters?

Sorry Troop, but every corps has mystique.  You need much better bait to attract bigger fish.

”What are you saying you’re going to teach me to either A. Make me lust to come back, or B. Make me forget BlueStars and Colts, or C.make me better to make my dream corps next year?”

IMO, which is worth exactly what they paid for it, Troopers’ message is MUCH better than a list of composers.  Assets are always stretched - don’t waste time or talent on being cryptically cute.

Sorry to pee on your Cornflakes. 

• Like 1

Hey Troop, how come you make me click three times to get to this?  Is it so hard to embed this these tiles behind the names of the composers who make up this years' rep?

I've always heard that the rep itself doesn't matter much to the kids playing it.  Is this video an announcement to the judging community or to the kids you hope to attract?  Seems these tiles are the real story and the composers should scroll behind the kids to impress the judges.  

https://www.marchtroopers.com/whymarch

Edited by garfield

16 hours ago, garfield said:

WTF?

Seriously?

Sorry Troop, but every corps has mystique.  You need much better bait to attract bigger fish.

”What are you saying you’re going to teach me to either A. Make me lust to come back, or B. Make me forget BlueStars and Colts, or C.make me better to make my dream corps next year?”

IMO, which is worth exactly what they paid for it, Troopers’ message is MUCH better than a list of composers.  Assets are always stretched - don’t waste time or talent on being cryptically cute.

Cryptically Cute. Gar, that’s how I think of you!

17 hours ago, garfield said:

WTF?

Seriously?

The list of composers resonates very well with potential members. Maybe if you didn't apply what interests you with what would appeal to them it would make sense.

Plus you get to avoid a very disgusting act.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Algernon said:

The list of composers resonates very well with potential members. Maybe if you didn't apply what interests you with what would appeal to them it would make sense.

Plus you get to avoid a very disgusting act.

You presume, and I'm not.

But thanks for making it about me instead of about Troopers. (/s)

welcome to marketing today when revealing too much too soon could cause licensing concerns, backlash if changes get made and DCP drama