>"< Troopers 2020

Why do I see Sigur Ros referred to as a composer (like its an individuals name) here but google shows an avant- guard rock group that sings in its own made up language.... I’d dcp gets confused.. 😥

Edited by JimF-LowBari

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Why do I see Sigur Ros referred to as a composer (like its an individuals name) here but google shows an avant- guard rock group that sings in its own made up language.... I’d dcp gets confused.. 😥

My doing.  I was making comparisons and allowed this one to stick.  I used it to tease an answer from my kids (they know I'm a DC geek).

Sigur Ros is the weirdest stuff I've come across in a long time, but I can actually see some decent charts coming from it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, garfield said:

My doing.  I was making comparisons and allowed this one to stick.  I used it to tease an answer from my kids (they know I'm a DC geek).

Sigur Ros is the weirdest stuff I've come across in a long time, but I can actually see some decent charts coming from it.

HockeyDad also referred to unknown composers. Plus no one corrected your use of composer....

Oh man flashbacks to my weeks there listening to local radio station in the rental car. Learned hard way they don’t censor anything. Nothing like driving with windows down and a rap song on the radio.. “and all you mother.......s”. WHOOPS!

I've said it before: Troopers could hand out $100 bills and they'd get criticized for it.

It's not as if Troopers don't know how to speak directly to the interests of its customer base, or how to play from the strength of their own heritage.

Jumping the gun on licensing is, indeed, a real concern, and one which the Troopers have had to heed in previous seasons, saving their show reveals until May. They've been around the block.

So here's an idea. It's wild, and preposterous, I know, because after all this is the Troopers we're talking about. But here it is anyway: Maybe, just maybe, the corps actually has its licensing sewn up for 2020. Maybe they know exactly what they're doing, and have been able to get their programming house in order good and early, in order to get a stronger start on the season.

I know, huh? Crazy talk.

And maybe, now that they have their program locked up, they want to share a bit about it with the drum corps world. You know, because excitement about the summer is, on balance, a good thing.

Fools! Dupes! Know-nothings!

Look, it's not like this video drop is the first and last word Troopers ever have, or ever will, say about themselves, their unique character, their place in the activity and the hearts of their members, or even their 2020 show.

It's. One. Video.

But no. We can't even enjoy it.

/rant

• Thanks 5

24 minutes ago, garfield said:

The consistency that will draw the most long-term supporters begins with the member experience and fan response, not the rep. 

Great point. 

The corps itself... the organization... the experience that the members have as part of that organization. (I hope I'm in the same ballpark here as your point.)

The Troopers, to me, have long had a certain mystique. A unique brand, as drum corps brands go. I wonder if that's still a good selling point for them to draw members, or has that ship sailed for them, and they're now just one of the pack chasing a finalist spot?

9 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

!

Look, it's not like this video drop is the first and last word Troopers ever have, or ever will, say about themselves, their unique character, their place in the activity and the hearts of their members, or even their 2020 show.

It's. One. Video.

But no. We can't even enjoy it.

/rant

Right it is one video... my puzzlement ($1 to King of Siam) is how this choice of music is so great that people will come running to join.... 

How does this choice of music relate to Troopers character, place in the activity etc etc

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

my puzzlement ($1 to King of Siam) is how this choice of music is so great that people will come running to join.... 

Um. . . .do other corps reveal their music lineups as a way to entice more people to auditions?

No? Then what makes us think the Troopers are doing it for that reason?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Um. . . .do other corps reveal their music lineups as a way to entice more people to auditions?

No? Then what makes us think the Troopers are doing it for that reason?

Ok I’ll clarify by just pointing the finger to algernons and kdaddys posts about what the members want..... makes it sound like greatest thing since sliced bread imo 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1